Dancing With the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by gingerbread, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

nah ..kelly looked hot!!

and she can dance

its between her and zendaya

ingo was underscored imo
  2. davedove

davedove Active Member

Gotta agree, Kellie is looking mighty fine. Her body is seems really toned and she is very flexible. She looked really good for her performance.

That being said, I really want to see what she does with a waltz or foxtrot. I would like to see if she can be graceful and sophisticated.

I do dislike the show's attempts to bring in other dance forms. This is not SYTYCD (not that there's anything wrong with that show). I would much prefer that they keep it ballroom, or at least psuedo-ballroom.
  3. Mr 4 styles

with derek he will make her look good

as val will with zendaya
  4. standardnut

standardnut Member

lots of bad dancing with exception for two. Leave the non ballroom dances to the other show. Its bad enough that the show use horrible music. Carrianne should not be giving technical advice, it just kills me.
  5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I didn't necessarily DISlike what Derek and Kellie did, but it wasn't jazz and it certainly wasn't ballroom. This was worst than hair-flinging and floor-rolling last week (sorry, I just HATE contemporary, it's what you do when you wash out of ballet and it all ends up looking the same) in that they said three couples were getting the same style (Jazz) and then handed them three completely different pieces of music. How are you supposed to fairly compare that? None of the three were horrible or anything, but it wasn't really the same style. It was all basically freestyle. It's not like there aren't 19 ballroom dances plus the party styles (merengue, WCS, etc) to pick from.
    IndyLady likes this.
  6. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Kelly is amazing....clearly a dancer with great leg extensions, lines, speed etc. I guess my complaint would be when you see her it is obvious she didn't just learn how to do all of that in one week, so why do the judges and Derek 'pretend' that she just did? It was a great performance from someone who obviously is a trained dancer.....IMV. Should DWTS be about dancers like SYTYCD or should it be about celebrities with no dance training learning how to do ballroom? I vote for the latter.
  7. Aura

Aura Active Member

This may seem like an obvious question, but I'm genuinely flummoxed. Why on earth made the producers of DWTS want to include contemporary and jazz routines, if you can call it that, into the program? As danceronice said, there are a variety of ballroom dances to choose from.
  8. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Kellie Pickler Makin' Me Fall In Love Again.
    Kellie Pickler Santa Baby

Love her "Santa Baby."

The people that make videos haven't used her as a dancer that I've seen.
    Check out Jessica Simpson "These Boots Are Made for Walkin' (Director's Cut)" to see that they will use what they have.

Makin' Me Fall... was an opportunity for her to do something more than sway her hips (but you can see the talent there)So,
    to me, it looks like she's been working out / practicing, maybe by taking lessons with someone?
  9. danceronice

For the same reason they spent an entire season pretending that Nicole was having such a harrrrrrrrrd time *tears for camera* and trying to say that being a Pussycat Doll and therefore dancing professionally was no advantage at all.

Though in fairness to Kellie--Steve, yeah, she's had at least what, four weeks of time with Derek before the first episode films? It always surprises me that they get a month of time before the show and yet first routines are often horribly weak, as if they didn't practice at all.
    debmc likes this.
  10. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I wonder if part of that 4 weeks includes a general review of ballroom technique, with the last week focusing on the first solo dance?
  11. Mr 4 styles

Aura

the answer is simple to appeal to the 12-35 crowd

( 18-35 actually in the neilsens)
  12. Mr 4 styles

Steve... her boob job didnt hurt either (kellie)

sorry call em as i see em

DOI some of these stars dont practice the whole four weeks they are on thier shows traveling etc

DL looks like he gave it two or three....... hours max:eek:
  13. Steve Pastor

I've heard from friends that there is some discomfort involved.
    Oh, you mean dancing?
    This happened AFTER those two videos I referred? (spared anyone who wasn't interested on somewhat off-topic subject)
    Those things have what to do with dancing, or you mean she just LOOKS toned and more athletic now because of them?
  14. Mr 4 styles

it evens out her frame with her little swayback and nicely toned.....

LMAO!!!!! didnt hurt me...but i was performing the procedure:cool:

warning ladies..... guy humor alert!!
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Well, that was a surprise ending.
  16. Mr 4 styles

#$%^#@! east coasters!!

just kidding dude

just about to watch splash then the results
  17. danceronice

Splash: There isn't enough money in the world. Well, there might be. But it would take a LOT...(I get vertigo on the backyard springboard. I'd be screaming and clinging to the ladder on platform high dive. Crippling fear of heights and competitive diving do not mix.)

And from the look on Victor's face I'm guessing he thinks he's the one who got a reprieve.
  18. Mr 4 styles

he would be right!!

i did some diving as a kid its funnnnnnn
  19. Jane Rexroad

Jane Rexroad New Member

Is she a trained dancer?
    She is obviously fit, flexible. A strong core serves well in any athletic pursuit.

20. Steve Pastor

Hi, Jane. Beyond her cheerleading experience? That's what we are trying to figure. Just sayin' we haven't seen this before even though she's been in videos where they will use talent like that.