Dancing With the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by gingerbread, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

they did one opening out and one sliding door that was all!!!

derek did more rumba last yeear ( titanic routine) and got called out on it LEn??
  2. Mr 4 styles

you mean jacoby zendaya and wynonna??

zendaya had good head position in the short amount of time she was in closed i was surprised
  3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

They were the only ones where I found myself paying attention at all.
  4. Mr 4 styles

coz you were watching karina and saying i wanna do it like that.. thats what the mrs says she lluuvvss karinas technique
  5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Not really. I tend to watch men in rumba. (And of course Karina has good technique, she's *Karina*. I *know* she can dance rumba.) He's actually putting some effort into lines.
  6. Mr 4 styles

that is true im still underwhelmed overall by the men
  7. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Jacoby was emotional in his rumba, and I always appreciate that. I didn't like the shirtlessness though, that's only good for paso IMO. But I didn't like the choreography, she overcompensated for him.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

9. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Sharna's catsuit sure distracted me :D
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  10. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

The guys get to watch the girls dance around in little outfits... we girls get to watch the shirtless guys....
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  11. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I got to watch a little more tonight... Zendaya's VW was excellent!

Not really liking Andy or DL on the dance floor.
  12. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

My girlfriend and I tried watching it last night and oh brother.

With the exception of Kellie and the last contestant, it was some of the worst ever dancing I've ever seen in my entire life and the music selection was abominable, this reminds me of why I stopped watching the show several years ago to the producers please kill the show now, thank you
  13. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I agree with Jude. Sharna/Andy was egregious.
  14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

The problem is... if the show went off the air... what would be left behind to represent ballroom dancing to the American public? This is the only show that spotlights it... even though it leaves much to be desired. There seemed to be a period before DWTS, when, in the States, although ballroom was present, it was not quite as popular. Would ballroom continue to be such a growing field if there was no television representation?
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. I agree with you, especially on the music selection.

Although this season seems to be the worse season, I still enjoy it. In my first seasons I got so emotionally involved, now I take it for what it is.

I was disappointed that DL was not in the bottom 3 and did not go home. I thought his salsa was atrocious, it made me cringe the entire time he was "dancing". Not that I thought he would have danced any better to a real salsa song but still, that was the worst music choice! How can anybody dance a salsa to se_ machine?

I do not care for the Jacoby guy, his bare chest with all the ugly tatoos totally ticked me off.

But I think Victor, although certainly not the best dancer, is sooo adorable!!! I was relieved he was not in the bottom 3. I hope he makes it another week! His cute smile lights up the ballroom!

For me, Zendaya is the best dancer. Love to watch her!
  16. davedove

davedove Active Member

What, you mean there was something else going on????o_O
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. davedove

davedove Active Member

Yeah, it does seem that Peta has inherited some of Edyta's old costumes.;)
  18. Mr 4 styles

and chopped another three inches off the skirts:eek:
  19. Mr 4 styles

huh what??:cool: ditto!
  20. Mr 4 styles

kellie and zendaya in a battle to the end

Derek tho is the ace in the hole