Dancing With the Stars Season 18

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Steve Pastor, Feb 14, 2014.

1. kckc

kckc Active Member

I couldn't remember if they had done cha-cha or not this season- she reminds me of someone who might have just learned the dance but is good enough to just pull it off. Anyway, I'm glad they won. And Tony and Val were so darned cute in their best-bud happiness.

debmc and slhull.13 like this.
  2. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

I am so happy that Maks and Meryl won. I was so sure that Amy would win with all the inspirational non stop advertising she received in every episode. I was so sure that others have no chance no matter how they dance. Wonderful and dserving win tonight.

nikkitta likes this.
  3. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

Since it couldn't be Charlie....I'm thrilled that it's Meryl!!

And Val/Tony were adorable.

debmc likes this.
  4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

YAY!! I am so happy that Maks and Meryl won!! she was the absolute best! Yay, Meryl, you are fabulous!!!!

Purr likes this.
  5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Meryl was definetly the best on the show this season and I'm glad she won! Max looked ecstatic as did his friends. I had no idea how important it was for the pros to win DWTS.

Now I am curious to see if a romance develops between the two of them....they certainly seem to be close!

Lioness likes this.
  6. Very happy that Meryl won!!!! Not that I was not impressed by Amy and what she did. But I am always for the best dancer to win. And Meryl has been my favorite for a while now. I loved Charlie also and would have been just as happy if he was the winner. Could not believe that he got voted off last week.

7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I was thinking "skater knees" in the cha cha--you're down in them so much straightening all the way is not natural (and your quads get really developed.)

I don't know if they REALLY have a thing, though Meryl's never been shy about giving a straight "no, we're just friends" before. But Maks just looked so HAPPY this season.

Lioness, Purr and debmc like this.
  8. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

it's been a little suspicious the past few episodes, since the "are you dating" talk has ramped up a lot. Lately she keeps saying she "can't talk about it," which sounds much more like a confirmation than a denial. It wouldn't be hard to just say no...people would stop bugging you about it eventually. "Can't talk about it" just piques curiosity even more.

9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Unless she couldn't talk about it because the show's producers wanted to keep the rumors going to fuel ratings. I'm not saying they aren't, just that I'd be very hesitant to speculate one way or the other.

10. danceronice

Thing is they could have immediately said "no" as soon as the show was over. And again, Meryl has never hesitated to say "absolutely not" to the 1001 questions about her and Charlie. And NOW it comes out she did in fact split with her boyfriend after the Olympics, which if nothing else means there's no dubiousness whether it's real or a 'showmance' because either one would be kind of awkward if she were still dating someone. (Charlie's in an LTR, which probably explains the total lack of an attempt by the show to go for any jealousy plots or pushing for chemistry with Sharna.) It's always kind of creepy when they push a "showmance" plot with people who are allegedly in relationships outside the show.

I gather Meryl and her parents are going on vacation after this--Hawaii. She's earned it! With the Stars on Ice schedule and DWTS at the same time I wouldn't blame her if she slept for a month. Maks and Sharna are probably ready to drop, too, following them around the SOI tour.

11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Until someone lifts one toe off the ground...then it's all "not ballroom dancing"

nikkitta and debmc like this.
  12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Watch Bruno on Strictly Come Dancing. Much less inanity IMO. But I'd wager the Brits aren't fond of over-the-top whatever.

13. royclark1951

royclark1951 New Member

I
    agree

14. danceronice

And Len's the sweet, kindly one...iirc it's Craig who's the designated evil nitpicker on SCD..

15. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

*rant*

I was watching some videos of performances from this past season and came across Charlie's paso.....which made me so angry AGAIN because I thought it was brilliant, and the judges' criticism seemed so out of step.
    UGHHHH.

Ok, I'm done for now. *end rant*