Dancing with the Stars - Week 1

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Porfirio Landeros, Jun 3, 2005.

?

Who Is Your Week 1 Favorite?

1. Joey McIntyre and Ashly DelGrosso - Cha Cha

100.0%
  2. Jonathan Roberts and Rachel Hunter - Amer Waltz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Evander Holyfield and Edyta Sliwinska - Cha Cha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen - Cha Cha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alec Mazo and Kelly Monaco - Amer Waltz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Louis van Amstel and Trista Sutter - Amer Waltz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Do you want to know our favorite, who we thought danced/performed best overall, or who we voted for online? (In my case, three different answers :wink: :lol: )

3. pygmalion

Too late. I already voted. :tongue: :lol: :lol:

4. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Go John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen!! :D

5. Big10

Big10 Member

In the poll on this thread, I selected John O'Hurley & Charlotte J. because I thought they did the best performance this past week.

When I voted online at the ABC website, I voted for Kelly and her partner since I thought they got screwed by the judges (and I guess I'm not alone in that belief :wink: ).

6. pygmalion

Ditto that. And I called in a vote for good old Evander, just because I want to see him another week. :oops: :lol: :lol:

I guess that makes Evander my (sentimental) favorite, John/Charlotte the couple I thought did best overall, and Kelly my online vote. 8) So yes, you got it right. I sent two votes into ABC, and neither was for the couple I thought did best.

Voting is complicated... :roll: :lol:

7. discovery

discovery New Member

I agree and I think a lot of people will have different answers depending on exactly what you're asking. How about we add some more precision to this and create three separate polls? For example:

1. Who you thought danced the best
    2. Who you actually voted for
    3. Who was your favorite (not necessarily who you would pick to win in a competition)

I think we definitely have the numbers to fill up three polls and it would be interesting to see how they differ.

8. pygmalion

Any more votes? 8)

9. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

john's last name is misspelled but that didn't keep most of us from voting for him. IMO he actually led the most in terms of connection as well as doing the actual cha cha basic. i liked rachel hunter's routine the best of the women. i was also surprised to see how short miss april 1997 actually is.

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You don't need to be tall to look good in lingerie. ;)

11. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

yeah, but it's easier to dance waltzes & foxtrots with someone closer to your own height - not that they actually did many steps together. there was one move at the end of her routine where her feet came off the floor and she looked more like a piece of furniture being muscled around than a partner & equal on the floor. and they scored her accordingly.

not that they did her any favors by partnering her with that guy.

12. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

i suppose the reply you were expecting was: "she'd look good if she weren't wearing any lingerie at all".

13. rpungin

rpungin New Member

14. pygmalion

Thanks, rpungin. :D

15. Porfirio Landeros

Jonathan was wearing Cuban heels to dance with her, so that she didn't look [too much] taller than him in her heels, so she really wasn't all that short.

16. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

jonathan's height is irrelevant to my comment; my impression is that the magazine in question tends to feature subjects leaning towards the amazonian in height. i am now aware that they have actually falsified that data at least once; someone featured backin the 90's passed away under somewhat mysterious causes recently (listed as natural causes when it was clearly a drug overdose) and it turned out that she was only about 5' while she had been listed as being 5'6". being curious about it, i googled miis april 1997's data sheet and found, to my surprise, that she had been listed at 5'3" the whole time.

17. callen

callen New Member

I thought Charlotte did well in keeping the routine simple and letting John O'Hurley be charismatic. He looked like he was having fun. I didn't vote with ABC, but I'm marking them here.

Porfirio, you're mixing up the women. A little google-searching reveals that Kelly Monaco (who did look really short) was Miss April.

Christopher

18. Porfirio Landeros

Hee hee... you're right! Looks like I should have been subscribing to other magazines besides PC Magazine and Amateur Dancers.

19. pygmalion

Such as? :eyebrow: :wink: :lol:

20. smoozer

smoozer Member

So true :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.