Deirdre of London Custom Green Smooth Gown for Sale or Rent

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by danceronice, Aug 25, 2008.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

After deliberating, I am offering for sale or rent my Smooth gown. It's a custom design by Deirdre of London with a ruched waist, open back, tan mesh on the front cutout, with stoning in green, purple, and crystal AB. It could easily have more stones added for more sparkle. The skirt has chiffon insets (I think they're chiffon--I am not the fabric expert around here) and has great flare action, and a slimming body line.

I am 5'4" (more or less) in my bare feet, and 5'6" in my court shoes. The dress will probably best fit someone size 4-10. The cups in it right now fit a 36B with some room to spare, could be easily replaced. I've worn it five times for competitions or showcases and am asking $1200 for sale (the original price was $2600.) I would also consider renting it out, price to be determined based on length/location of the rental.

Video: (forgive the lack of sound on the first one) http://www.dancesizzle.com/CompetitionVideo/tabid/53/ctl/MediaPlayer/mid/375/currentitem/7/currentstrip/1/Default.aspx?path=Supershag!Showcase%20Feb%202008!Act%203

http://www.dancesizzle.com/Competit...ath=Supershag!Studio Showcase Aug 2008!Act 3

http://www.dancesizzle.com/Competit...ath=Supershag!Studio Showcase Aug 2008!Act 3

(On the second two, for your entertainment, DF's own chris johnston trying to call out every Standard dance we are doing in under three minutes. And that is DF's own Tibor getting me around the floor in spite of myself. Though I think he was underachieving here--thirty more seconds and we would surely have been able to squeeze in Slow Waltz, too....)

Attached Files:

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

nice pics, doi. love the color, too.
  3. danceronice

Still photos are by Moses Goddard. He's taken more good pictures of me than every photographer I've ever been to for portraits.
  4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Yup, he's better than most.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Rooms to let, fifty cents.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Got King of the Road on your mind? :cool:
  7. danceronice

No phone, no pool, no pets.
  8. Me

Me New Member

I ain't got no cigarettes!
  9. Me

Me New Member

But back on topic... dancer your gown is really pretty. Maybe it is just me, but there seems to be a shortage of really nice green gowns out there. Kat's shamrock gown has always stood out in my mind because of the rich color of green...
  10. danceronice

When Deirdre made this, she actually had to get the fabric special, and we only went with it because Amanda (the sales rep who designed it with me) looked at my hair and skin and said "Hey, ever thought about green?" Which I hadn't because I hadn't really seen a single green dress to try on all weekend. Fortunately green had been "in" at Blackpool and there was suddenly more fabric available.
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, the thread title set me off.
  12. danceronice

Dress will be at Ohio Star Ball. I'll be using it (apparently) Thursday and Saturday. If you are interested in trying it on, let me know.
  13. Me

Me New Member

I'm still in love with this gown. I'm not buying right now but if any of my friends mention they are looking, I'll e-mail them a link to your gown. Your price is definitely reasonable.
  14. danceronice

If any of them are in/around Boston, it's also available for tryout at the studio--PM me for info, I'm around weeknights and Saturdays.
  15. danceronice

Dress is Consigned

Bumping this to let people know--this dress has been consigned to Stage DOor Dresses--it's being shipped off Monday to Kim and is going to be listed at $1200. GREAT dress, I was very happy with it. Almost no stones are missing, and it's very flattering on a size 8-12. www.stagedoordresses.com If you're interested, tell her it's Jen's green Deirdre of London Smooth gown.

I'm also giving Stage Door a little plug--Kim gave me a fantastic deal on my new dress (a Designs to Shine at a great price) and has been incredibly helpful and patient.
  16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Can't see anything on that site without logging in :|
  17. danceronice

I don't have a problem viewing the info or the schedule? You can e-mail her-she won't have pictures yet, though, for anyone interested, I'm still drip-drying it. ;) stagedoordresses@gmail.com She's in CT so does a lot of east coast comps. She has some REALLY nice dresses for smooth and standard.

I'm still working on the idea that I have a dress that's pink. I haven't been into pink since I was eleven. But it does actually look really good.
  18. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Ah, nevermind. Says they do not do any website business. Pointless for them to post photos online then, I suppose....
  19. danceronice

Yeah, she doesn't send out dresses, but she will let you know what she has (and in this case, obviously I have pictures here) and where she's going to be.

I hope someone wants this dress-not for money so much as I do want it to go to a good home.
  20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I was just in the mood for a little window shopping :cool: