doing the inside of my foot, have to relearn everything

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by euchoreo, Nov 1, 2007.

1. euchoreo

euchoreo Member

I'm not sure how many times I've been told to step with the inside of my foot during latins, but I apparently still don't do it.

Well, I finally spent some serious effort yesterday and drilled myself in NEVER stepping on the outside of my foot. I'm convinced it'll help in the long run, but it sure kills right now. I've been training on leg action, speed, balance, etc.. on the inside, middle, and outside of my foot interchangeably for so long that I'm completely thrown off my this.

Just doing a few cha-cha bronze syllabus steps is hard for me and for the first time in longer than I can recall, my feet are actually tired after dancing.

I'm hoping that I'll redevelop my balance and muscle strength soon. In the meantime, I'll have to dance like I've been bedridden for months.

I just thought I'd share.
  2. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

Try to think of using the inside of your thighs as well. They control how you move your feet and legs, and many dancers ignore them and struggle with balance and footwork for a long time before they figure it out.
  3. Angel HI

Angel HI Active Member

Also, another thing to think about is that we always say "close the feet" or bring the feet together, but we rarely mean it; we are realy saying to close the ankles, or bring the ankles together. This will aid in building good inside edges.