Donating Dancesport Wear to College Teams

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Bella

Bella New Member

No problem girl! I LOVE what you're doing for your school. :)

2. Bella

Bella New Member

Opps, I only replied to Lin's post but that goes for all who's asking. I'll see what my dress maker can do to help... if she can't, I'm sure I'll have things in the future I'd like to donate. I'll certainly keep you all in mind. Again, this is wonderful what you are doing for your teams. I hope all will utilize DF to better the dance community!

<3,
    Bella

3. URIBallroom

URIBallroom New Member

Yes, that's us! I listed it as the "location" but couldn't tell if it would show up on the page...looks like it did.

Anyway, if anyone would like to check us out, here is our website: http://www.uri.edu/student_organizations/ballroom/mainpage.php...most of the pics are from a few years ago, but the information is pretty current.

Anything you'd like to know? Please PM me and I'll give you my personal email address...it gets checked more frequently than the club one. Thanks!

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Okay URIBallroom, you will also be added to the listing in the first post of this thread of all college teams that would be happy to accept donations....

5. latingal

A quick idea for those of you looking through your closets this weekend, why not ask dance friends at your studio if they have any items they are not using and would like to donate? Then they could be sent or have them picked up by your team of choice all at once.

Perhaps a good way to get non-DF members to be aware of this avenue of donation!

6. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Or even better - convert them into DFers. :twisted:

7. latingal

Sounds kinda' invasion of the body snatcher-ish... *grin*

8. latingal

Sorry to repeat myself, but just in case....Master list of colleges posted that they'd be happy to take donations is on the first post of this thread.

And NonieS as far as an email, up to you. Some have provided public emails or just requested members PM them (see master list).

9. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

oh i am an epic idiot.... i definitely did not realize that there was a master list in the first post that kept getting updated..... :doh:

10. Bella

Bella New Member

latingal - major kudos for this thread. :)

11. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

^ I agree

12. Rumbagirl

Rumbagirl New Member

I definitely have some almost new shoes, and a couple of dresses i could donate. It is such an expensive hobby/sport, I would love to help!

13. latingal

Thank you Bella and NonieS! I'm hoping it's going to help.

And Rumbagirl, that sounds fabulous!!! Do you have a team in mind at this point? Anybody else ready to go? I'm in the gathering stage right now....so far about 6 pairs of shoes, a couple of practice skirts and a syllabus dress.

14. Bushytail3

Bushytail3 New Member

Penn State University is in need of some Latin costumes

Hello everyone!

I just noticed this thread, and thought I would post a request!

I am with the Penn State University team, and we are in need of some wearable latin costumes (any size), and maybe some smooth dresses (sizes 4-10?)

PM me for more details or for an address.

Thanks!

15. latingal

Hello Bushytail3! I will add you to our master list....

16. latingal

Just wondering if anybody's had a chance to send off any donations, I think this would be a great place to acknowledge donors also!

17. reb

reb Active Member

lg - great work!

Thank you to all the DFers who are joining in and supporting this.

18. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

19. littlemissha

littlemissha New Member

UC Berkeley Dance Team

:) Just thought I'll post a reply.

I dance with the UC Berkeley Ballroom team. We have a big team, so any costume, shoes donation is always very helpful.

Please contact president@ucbd.org. We can provide a donation receipt within a week :)

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Welcome to DF, littlemisha!