Donating Dancesport Wear to College Teams

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Apr 7, 2009.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Yes, welcome to DF littlemissha! We'll add your team to the master list on the first post!

2. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I think that this thread should be sticky noted... so that it stays at the top of the forum.... then people don't have to go searching for it if they want to help out college teams or ask for donations.... is anybody with me???

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

One of our lovely moderators SAID she was looking into it nonieS, but she may have forgotten. ;) So good idea to bring it up again.

4. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

oops i couldn't remember if anybody had mentioned it before lol..... guess maybe i should have read through the post before yapping!!!! :oops:

5. latingal

urm....that lovely mod has brought it up to the powers that be and so far decision on ultimate "sticky-dom" status has been inconclusive. Will bring it up once again with those who have more than just the power to smite posts with one blow. *grin*

6. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

thank you lovely moderator...... and sorry for bugging you!!!! :(

7. latingal

*grin* no worries you and etp can bug me any time, anybody that calls me lovely anything is fine by me! LOL

8. latingal

Thread has just been granted "sticky-dom status"....

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

:).. As reb and several others said, great job lg.

10. latingal

thanks etp! let's just hope it actually spawns some donations for the teams!!!

11. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

yahoooo!!! :banana:

12. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I have received some donations for Columbia :D

13. latingal

Yay!!!! Go Team DF!

14. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

If anyone needs a drop off point in Massachusetts our store is in Newton and we are happy to help with any distribution to Colleges in Massachusetts. Take the Lead does a lot with many of the teams in this area. I won't publicize our address unless requested to do so.
    We can be contacted through DF by Private message if anyone wishes to ask questions.

15. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Cornell?

Hey everyone,

Currently the Cornell Team hasn't really ever received donations. Any costume donations are appreciated!

Best,
    Jana

16. latingal

Hi Jananananana,

Are you willing to be the contact point here on DF for Cornell? If so I will put you and Cornell on the master list in the first post...

17. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Sure, I can be the contact. Thanks latingal!!!!

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome to df

19. AMeader

AMeader New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am the two-year captain of the Bates College ballroom team. We are located in Lewiston, ME, and unfortunately the ballroom culture up here is very much lacking. Due to the lack of ballroom enthusiasm in the area, we also have a budget about 1/4 that of other New England teams :(

I frequently travel between Boston and Maine, and would be more than happy to pick up any donations on the East Coast. Any latin/rhythm and standard/smooth dresses, as well as any sort of menswear would be greatly appreciated.

Check out our website! :)
    http://abacus.bates.edu/people/orgs/ballroom/

Thanks Everyone!

20. latingal

That's great dancerman! Hope your offer helps generate more donations for the teams....