Donating Dancesport Wear to College Teams

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Apr 7, 2009.

1. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I'm kinda wondering about same thing. I have two pairs of standard shoes, which I don't want to wear anymore. They are UK4, and I realized that UK3 1/2 works better for me. They do not look like new, though.

Also, in the same line - is there a place where I can donate boys' dance shoes? I have a size 3 boys pair, which my son barely used. I paid $100 for it, it does look like new, and I would like to have a receipt for deduction if I am donating it.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I will be in contact with the person whose name you gave me in the next few weeks....it has been hectic around here

3. Hello, i am from San Jose State Universities Ballroom Team in California. We have just put in our paperwork and it is currently still being processed. SJSU's administration has lost a lot of speed due to the recent cutbacks. Anyways, we are working on recruitment and membership for our team right now, so providing for them might be our biggest concern.

Anything you can offer us will be appreciated. Practice wear of any sort is in the most demand. (I hear Dansneakers are wonderful for team practices) Let me know if there is anything you can manage.

Email: chrisli94588@gmail.com

4. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Sure thing. Email us at www.bailamosdance.com and we'll gte back to you; we've provided lots to the local area and would love to help you out if we can...

5. Thanks for the help! We appreciate your patronage very much! :)

6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Hi Fkk! Are you official now? In other threads I know you've gotten through the paperwork stage? If you're official and would like to be added to the first post list, let me know!

7. Yes! We are in fact official now and are now looking for sponsors and generous donations.

We would be honored to be on you list Latingal! ^^

Right now what we need are Heels or heel guards to replace or cover the worn heels from the Ladies Latin and Smooth shoes. We jsut went through a shoe drive and we got a pretty good amount. (A lot of BIG sizes though) We are also looking for practice wear, those rubber straps used for smooth shoes, insoles, and perhaps SHOES. Condition is irrelevant. If it require a little glue or a stitch or two, it will be fine. But if at all possible, I'd like to get something that is new for a Raffle that I am working out.

8. latingal

okay, Fkk! I'll add you to the list, but first I will need to know who will be the contact (and would you like to use pm or email)? And do you have a public mailing address or would you like our members to go through the contact to know where to send things?

9. Contact us at: ballroom.spartans.dancesport@gmail.com

The president checks on that Email all the time. However, I would like someone to send me a PM before they send it to this address, that way i can bug him to check his Email. LOL

10. latingal

best to make it as easy as possible for potential donors...do you really want them to have to send two communications off to get an address to donate to?

11. Hmm good point. Ok, just use the Email as a contact. Make it simple.

12. hiddentwilight

hiddentwilight New Member

Hi! I'm the President/Team Captain for the Southern Methodist University Ballroom Dancing Club/Team. SMU is located in Dallas, TX. The Club has been around for a while but the competitive team is brand-spanking new, founded last year. I have taken over the club and team this year. Our small team is continuing to grow, but as far as costumes and shoes go, we have NOTHING (not to mention university funds...those are next to nothing too). All members have to pay for their own shoes, and since the team is mostly beginners anyhow we all just try to wear something nice at competition since we don't have costumes.

Anything anyone would want to donate would be so appreciated!! Please PM me if you are interested.

Our club mailing is here:

SMU Ballroom Club
    P.O. Box 750436
    Dallas, TX 75275-4429

Thanks so much!

13. hiddentwilight

hiddentwilight New Member

14. latingal

Welcome to DF hiddentwilight!!

Good luck with your team...I will add your information to the first post.

15. Hey, sorry to bother you again about this, but apparently the team needs shoelaces for the men. Apparently, we someone donated a couple of shoes to the team but with no laces. LOL

Can we add that to the never ending list of things that we need?

16. latingal

*grin* Fkk, I'm going to leave that one here in the body of the thread. Most people who will donate will read the posts to check out potential teams...I hope somebody will come up with some shoe laces for you.

17. cool, thanks.

18. The Hopkins team would like to acknowledge tanya_the_dancer for her donation of two pairs of gently used standard shoes! Our team will be attending our first competition in less than 2 weeks and all donations that we received will be put to great use!

19. Congratulations!

20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

do you have shoelaces yet? :p