Donating Dancesport Wear to College Teams

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Apr 7, 2009.

1. More or less yeah lol
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

good to hear Fkk!
  3. Ok, now that the DCDI craze is over and I finally have some time to breathe a little...

The Hopkins team would like to thank Borbala Bunnett for her generous donations! Borbala sent us a team-in-a-box type donation. We got everything ranging from shoes, tops, skirts, pants, and our first stoned latin costume :banana:, to ballroom CDs, fishnets, makeup and fake nails! Thank you so much Borbala, and I'm sure you'll be psyched to know that my Newcomer couple won 2nd in Tango and 3rd in Rumba, out of the 100+ couples, wearing your skirts and shoes!

Also would like to re-thank our other donors at this point, latingal and tanya_the_dancer. My girls and I did very well dancing in your shoes and skirts!

[Bragging hijack] We only had 4 couples competing at DCDI, but we rocked the competition! It is the first competition for the other 3 couples (even though I made 2 of them dance Bronze instead of Newcomer because I think they can still do well). All of us made at least a callback in something, 3/4 of us made semis in at least one dance, and 1/2 of us came home with ribbons! Yay to our year-old team! [/unhijack]

We could not have done it without your support, and my team is eternally grateful to you all :notworth:
  4. latingal

BabyLin, it's great to hear that your ballroom team did so well, especially given the amount of time you've been in existence. You have my continued well wishes and will keep you guys in mind for donations in the future!
  5. Borbala_Bunnett

Borbala_Bunnett New Member

BabyLin,

You and the team are most welcome - I am very happy to hear that the items have found loving new homes. Congratulations to the team - well-done!!! :banana:
  6. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

:applause: :applause: :applause:
  7. Just want to announce the SJSU's Ballroom Spartans Dancesport Team finally made its debute at the 13th SJSU Ballroom Classic! Also would like to thank Bailamosdance for their generous shoe donations, (One of our couples placed in their event with your shoes), Swan for donating an exceptionally LARGE number of shoes to our cause, Dancepants for their recent sponsorship opportunity, TC for showing up and cheering us on, and TAK who came and competed in our competition. ^^

You all rock!
  8. latingal

Sounds like things went well Fkk! Thanks to all the DF'ers who have helped our college teams out!

9. We Are Not Worthy
    :notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth:
  10. cristei

cristei New Member

University of Virginia Ballroom Dance Club

The Ballroom at UVA club would appreciate any donations, especially any men's standard wear, women's or men's latin costumes, or shoes. Thank you so much to anyone who is thinking of donating; most of the costumes in our closet come from donations.

If you would like to make a donation, please email me at ic9u@virginia.edu, thank you!
  11. latingal

Welcome to DF cristei!

I will add your team to the master list in the first post! By the way, what town is the club located in? We usually put that in the post.
  12. cjbarnes

cjbarnes New Member

Dancing With Wolves - North Carolina State

Dancing With Wolves - the Ballroom Dance Team at NC State in Raleigh, NC would appreciate any donations that people were willing to make.

I am not current an executive board member on the team, but have been a member for the past two years and we have a number of people on the team moving up into Open level and can not afford the costumes.

We could utilize men and women's Standard, Latin, and Smooth wear and any shoes for our newer dancers would be greatly appreciated. The couple of costumes that we have were donations, however they only fit a couple of people in the club. Thank you so much!

If you would like to make a donation, please email me at cristopher.barnes@gmail.com. Thanks again!
  13. Alex the Nifty

Alex the Nifty New Member

I'm surprised that Ballroom at Maryland hasn't had any representation here. We would appreciate any donations: practice wear, costumes, etc.

University of Maryland, College Park
  14. latingal

NC State and University of Maryland have both been added to the master list in the first post....
  15. hhannah

hhannah New Member

Donations appreciated!

I would like to add the UNC-Chapel Hill Ballroom Team to the list!
    Our budget doesn't allow us to fund any clothing or competition items for members, so we would greatly appreciate any sort of clothing donation, especially great syllabus items!

If you would like to donate you can email me at hhannahj@gmail.com. Thank you!
  16. Pishogue

Pishogue New Member

Princeton Ballroom is a small team (~20 people) with a small budget (members pay all comp costs and get their own costumes). Currently we've got 1 team dress and a lot of rising silver/gold girls. We would be grateful for any kind of dancewear or costume, either sex, any size, any style, as well as any other ballroom supplies you might want to offload. We'd be very happy to cover shipping costs, and we may be able to provide receipts for donated costumes. You can reach me by PM or emailing lily.valise[at]gmail.

(This is an update of an outdated post.)
  17. seravi

seravi New Member

Ballroom Dance @ Virginia Tech would appreciate any donations that people were willing to make. Our team has just started 2 years ago. Currently the club is self-funded.

I am not an executive officer of the team; however, I can represent the team here and direct any inquiry to the appropriate person in charge.

Thank you for your time. I can be reached at: khanh (at) vt.edu
  18. latingal

Welcome to DF seravi!

I will add your team to the master list in the first post. But before I do, would you like to give us an idea of what type of donations might be welcomed?
  19. seravi

seravi New Member

Thank you latingal.

The student organization is still very young. As most of the members are bronze dancer, we are hoping for donations of dance shoes, pants and skirts (costume are welcome too, but we find it a little bit harder to dress the beginners) to encourage new members to compete and dance more. Technique books are also welcome.
  20. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I am shocked to see that Georgetown is not on this list. I am by no means a member of the student board, I'm just a team member, but the contact info is president @ georgetownballroom . org.

Having just done an inventory of our closet, I can say that we are in desperate need of costumes and shoes. Nearly all of the costumes we have are in unwearable condition due to missing stones, stains, fading, lack of bodysuits, etc. and we don't have any men's clothing. I know anything anyone can spare would be greatly appreciated.