Dresses for rent

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, May 18, 2007.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Ahh, I always liked sleeves and sheer mesh look :)
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh...they are both wonderful...I am just partial to the blue :)...I actually have a red that looks similar...either way, whoever purchases either one will be very fortunate...just exquisite
  3. Katarzyna

For now not posting for sale just rental but eventually :)
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ah...gotcha...sorry
  5. PassionateDancer

PassionateDancer New Member

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure how to send a PM. I sent a note via the website where your dresses are posted. I'm interested in renting a dress for an upcoming comp but need details (measurements, etc..) for a couple of dresses. Can you please contact me?

Thanks so much :)
  6. Katarzyna

I think I replied to your message on the site. I assume it was you :)
  7. Katarzyna

Just a quick note, the fotki site is having issues with photos. They are moving data from NY to Estonia via ship and about 80% of the photos are not showing!!! And will be down for the next 3 weeks (and hopefully back up after that). In case you cant see a photo you can always reach me here. I have most of them saved somewhere.

I also added 2 new dresses to my rentals :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Do you have a site where I can see pictures of your dresses?
  9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

uh, katsgowns dot com :p
  10. Katarzyna

That's URL forwarding address but easy to remember. Hopefully will be replaced by a real site once I am a little less busy!
  11. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Sorry but your pictures stink. I mean if I'm going to spend serious cash on a dress, the pictures need to be clear and easy to get to.
  12. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

It is not her fault Fotki is moving their data from Ny to Estonia! Geeze!
  13. Katarzyna

Sorry you don't like the pictures sbrnsmith, everyone has their own preferences. Some people prefer seeing dresses in movement some prefer shots of front and back only on mannequin. I try to provide both when available but its hard when photohosting has 80% of the images unavailable due to data move. I always allow tryons to people so nobody buys or rents without seeing the gown in person. If you will be around the dance world long enough you will realize that my prices are actually lower than most out there also so while they are not cheap per say, they are quite reasonable and many other Dance forums members appreciate that. Also the fotki site allows anyone to click to view original image not just the thumbnails, so people can see many photos in very high resolution showing all the details.
  14. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

I didn't say your prices were too high. I meant when I am spending a good amount of money on a dress, I like to see it clearly. Even when clicking on the thumbnails, I'm not able to see some of the larger images and details. I like to see the front and back too. I understand I have to try them on, but there is shipping costs associated with that, so I like to have a reasonable interest in the dress before requesting try on.
  15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Nobody said it's her fault. I tried her facebook page too and the dress details are unclear.
  16. Katarzyna

Facebook includes 1 image per dress. Like I mentioned above, 80% of images are temporarily gone from the main photohosting page. I have them saved on computer if there is interest in seeing more details. I can also take additional photo if someone wants to see any particular detail.
    stash likes this.
  17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Both black white and yellow dresses are very beautiful !!! Great selections Kat!

I clicked on Kat's dress for rent album on fotki site, both black white and yellow dresses picture very clean and clear. I'm on my iPad, I can even enlarge each picture and see details. It is just so unfortunate fotki moving their data now and some of the dress photo albums not available, hope it is temporary.
    hereKittyKitty likes this.
  18. Katarzyna

Thank you Standarddancer. I also wanted to note that the old photos are FINALLY being restored on the site.

If you are in New York for Mac, I will be bringing some of the rental gowns to my stand, is someone needs a last minute dress at the competition!