Dresses for rent

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, May 18, 2007.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I personally really like those 4. From my current selection they are most recent but also my favorite :) And black and white fits me, which I can't say about many of the gowns I have with my ... changes since dancing. Its tempting just to go out there and grab a guy for a show :)

2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I love pretty much anything that comes out of Marabo, and those two are no exception!

3. Katarzyna

I also like that brand a lot, have bought a lot from there during my dance days.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Like both Fushia and blue Marabo tulle dresses! Amazing skirts! Marabo always make such light and gorgeous skirts!

llamasarefuzzy and Katarzyna like this.
  5. Katarzyna

Few more new additions to my rental collection :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Also 3 of my friends dresses are available:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sbrnsmith and hereKittyKitty like this.
  6. Katarzyna

I have one more gown I just added to my rentals :) Also the other 5 gowns I recently posted are still available for Ohio.

(and if you contact me, you have to mention the $25 DF discount in order to receive it )

[​IMG] [​IMG]

hereKittyKitty likes this.
  7. Katarzyna

This is the last addition to my rentals for the year. It will be available towards the end of November. Because of the second baby, I will probably not be adding any more gowns till deep into 2015.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. middy

middy Well-Known Member

What is the size/height for that one? Just out of curiosity :)

9. Katarzyna

I just purchased it brand new and it won't arrive for at least a week and a half so cannot give you exact size yet. But its a marabo gown and they marked it as M, which usually translates to 2-6, most of their gowns are in the range of 5'4-5'7. I can verify the size once I receive it.

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

ooooh :D

Katarzyna likes this.
  11. middy

middy Well-Known Member

4 is considered a medium?

Wacky.

12. Katarzyna

Well, they are European and their sizes tend to run smaller than some other designers. I am just basing the size on my experience with the brand in the past. I always used to dance in M when I competed and was around size 4, would have never fit their S. I can't confirm true size for this gown till I receive it though. But usually Marabo M fits 6 as well comfortably. Gowns they mark as M/L tend to fit 4-8 comfortably and their L usually fits up to size 10 or possibly 12 maximum. Most of the dancers there are younger girls, in their teens.

stash likes this.
  13. Katarzyna

The gown arrived last night, it will comfortably fit 2-6 5'4''-5'7''.

14. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I think this was the gown... anyway, stumbled upon this posting on Ebay. Grr. :mad:

http:// www . ebay . com/itm/Woman-Wedding-Ballroom-Tango-Watlz-Dance-Dress-US-8-UK-10-Two-Purple-Sliver-/231516640479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e77794df

15. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Yup... o_O

We know darn well that what you see in the photos is not what you're gonna get.
    Some sellers have been using extensive watermarks to prevent this kind of photo stealing.

3wishes likes this.
  16. Katarzyna

That was the one, this looks like the photo was simply stolen..

Seeing this reminded me that I wanted to make a post and let everyone know that I sold my rental business.

The lady who bought it from me has a very nice looking site now, and did what I never got time to do, took some good quality photos of all the gowns. You can see her site at: www . saltaregowns . com

She is a nice lady from North Carolina, and she still competes in pro am.

I no longer have any rental gowns. 2 babies + the business + full time job is too much to handle:) But I do miss talking to everyone who used to rent from me!!!

scullystwin42 likes this.