Dresses for rent

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, May 18, 2007.

1. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I am taller than that. Puffy dress is not my cup of tea, but seeing more and more dancers wearing it, I have been comtemplating getting one.

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

How tall are you? and what size do you wera, I might have a differnt one ... not posted anywehre yet

3. Katarzyna

not max hight is 5'5'', had to make correction, its 160-165cm..

4. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I am between 5'4" and 5'5", more like 165cm. That is what my measurement says, so I have been giving that to my dress makers or sellers. But I had to sell some of my dresses prematurely because the length was kind of short for me. I do not know why this happens. Now I am extra cautious with dress length.

5. Katarzyna

hm, well you can always try them on first and see :)

6. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

It's possible that you have long legs relative to your torso, and if the dress has a body suit, then the skirt starts at your waist and the full length of the dress wouldn't be as relevant as the length of the skirt from the waist.

7. Katarzyna

New addition for rent will fit a tall lady minimum 5'6'' and fits up to size 8..
    [​IMG]

8. Katarzyna

another one
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Katarzyna

for tall lady
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Katarzyna

Beautiful Gown made from chrisanne fabrics (skirt in satin chiffon).. Floats have been removed for smooth.. fits size 2-6 up 5'4''-5'7.5''

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Love the color. Dare I ask how much?

12. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

says rent $175.... didn't see it in the sale section yet. Yummy grapefruit! :p

13. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

That's a good price for a rental (especially with the df discount ;)). Looks like a color that would stand out well, too. I always have trouble figuring out who is who if three people have on red gowns...

14. Katarzyna

lol ;) yes 175 and with DF discount 150 :)

15. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Dumb question, is the height with or without heels??

Also, do you ever rent out any latin dresses?

16. Katarzyna

Its without heels, but hight I put down are just informational, Best way is to talk to me so I can check a dress.. I usually put down when its a very long or very short dress...

Sorry, dont have any latins :(

17. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Wow--the pink one is great!

Is the 5'4" an absolute minimum, as in if someone 5'4" in 2" heels wore it it would barely work, or would it be comfortably off the floor? I might be interested in renting something for Cleveland or Ohio but most of your dresses say they're for someone "tall." I'm 5'4" if I stretch a bit (5'3.75" by my doctor's reckoning!)

18. Katarzyna

as I said hights are directional.. girl whi is 5'4'' rented it first and fit on her is perfect, so chances are this one would work for your hight 5'3.75''... it all depends on body measurements etc.. :)

Email me or PM to check more details..

19. Katarzyna

And another, last one for today.. Definitely not least though :)
    would work for standard but also possibly smooth minus float... elegant wiht beautiful pink pearls
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I love the dresses with the mixed colors like that of the blue dress! If only I had the money, because that is a beautiful dress!;)