DWTS Season 5 - First week - First Day - Women Dancing

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Sagitta, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

So anyone else watching now? I'm looking forward to seeing the cha cha cha coming up.
  2. ChelD

ChelD Member

DWTS - Week 1 - Moday

Its finally here! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the new dancers.
  3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I thought Jenny's Cha Cha (7-7-7) was very good esp. considering it's the first week. The judges seem a little bit tough considering it's only the first week.
  4. Sagitta

I missed the hip hop cha cha cha? Darn it! Talking to someone and it woudl ahve been too rude to stop...
  5. ChelD

ChelD Member

Based on the women who have danced so far, it looks like the bar has been raised again. They are doing really well for the first week.
  6. old dog

old dog Member

Jane Seymour's FT was what FT should be! A great performance -- especially for the first night out.
  7. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh crap. My TV is broken. I'd better call the repair person tomorrow!
  8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I just used up all my votes for Jane and Tony. I think I've finally forgiven her for "Somewhere In Time." (Don't get me started on that movie.)
  9. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

well that was fun to watch! and the chat over at MOIB was fun too...thanks to Kathy and Greg for putting that on. i've been trying to call Jane Seymour's number but its been busy every time! Definitely a good sign....
  10. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

ha ha! i liked that movie except for how it ended! they shouldve gotten together instead of him dying! I think i just liked it because she was in it. anyway, the phone lines here are busy for jane...i still can't get through for her!
  11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I worked on Mackinac Island. Besides the horrifically depressing ending, it's not a bad movie, but the romance of the shooting location kinda wears off when you've actually had to spend any time there, especially surrounded by movie memorabilia and fans who STILL come to see the Grand. (Those of us who work there have been known to call it "Macaktraz".) I kind of twitch whenever I hear Rachmaninoff's 18th var. on a theme of Paganini thanks to that film.

I've danced in the hotel where they shot the film, though. It was kind of nice, but a teeny floor--just social stuff. Her picture is indeed still hanging up somewhere downstairs. (And she still looks just about as great. What deal with the devil has she made?!?) I think Tony might have struck it lucky this season *crosses fingers and toes*
  12. Sagitta

I liked it too.
  13. old dog

old dog Member

Is anyone else having trouble voting on-line? Can't connect to the server that is used to login with your "Member Name" and password.
  14. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Too funny about the movie....and yeah, Jane sooo does not look 56! She is still gorgeous as ever...
  15. Sagitta

Uptown girl a cha cha cha! YOu know what I've been thinking. If I can get my mind around to dancing like these ballroom folks no-one in Goa would have any connuptions seeing me dance.

hmmmm...

On second thought. I've already done that at my cousin's wedding last month. :twisted:
  16. reb

reb Active Member

I'm glad I came across this - thanks for the reminder . . . its on tonight!

So I check tv guide online and this ad pops up: Dancing with the Stars: Jive, Samba, and Tango Your Way into the Best Shape of Your Life (Paperback)
  17. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Jane did great! And I was pleasantly surprised by Sabrina. I really think that was the FIRST cha that I've seen on this show that didn't look like me doing cha. It's usually very sludgy like mine, but she was very sharp and rhythmical!
    My prediction, the supermodel is gone. Poor Alec. All she's got is pretty, and women are NOT going to vote for a swimsuit model, unless it's the boy swimsuit model!
  18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I think the women are going to kick the mens butts this season - at least dancewise. But, you never know how the audience will vote.
  19. old dog

old dog Member

ABC's login server seems to be working fine now. Jane got most of my votes.
  20. Harley0711

Harley0711 New Member

Newbie here - 57 year old Fire Fighter here - got divorced in 88 - took Ballroom for 8 years and met wife #2 = Somewhere in Time has alway been one of my favorite movies - I guess we balance each other out - I have always been a fan of Twilight Zone and this Movie was fun...

I am at work tonight and TIVO is taking care of the show for me - been watching DWTS since the beginning -