DWTS Season 5 - First week - First Day - Women Dancing

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Sagitta, Sep 24, 2007.

1. That was another great show tonight.
    None of the guys was bad, I thought. Wayne Newton is certainly the weakest of the guys but he did OK. This season it seems that we have no underdog for the mercy votes: no Master P., no Jerry Springer and no Billy Joe Cyrus. IMHO probably Josie will go home.

And oooohoooo, go Helio go! Helio was .... absolutely bewitching!!!!! He certainly did NOT disappoint me, on the contrary, he exceeded my expectations. He and Julianne make a great couple. I love all the pros but I think Julianne has become my favorite! I absolutely loved their foxtrott, they both looked gorgeous in their outfits and danced beautifully. I was like Bruno, I could not take my eyes off them and I watched that dance 5 more times after the show.

2. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

Ok so I guess I am late I am now watching last night's episode online Pro did not like the idea of not practicing at all.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Explanation please: what was the idea of Alec staring into the camera angrily, not saying a word, as he and Josie were doing their post-score interview. She was on the verge of tears, saying, they say I can't do this, can't do that, seemingly looking for comfort, and he refused to say a word. And that means?

4. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

I'm assuming Alec was just miffed that he'll probably be the first pro cut from the show for the second season in a row. But it would've been nice to see him comfort Josie a bit. It's not her fault he and Paulina got a raw deal last season.

5. evanluck

evanluck Member

Josie was so cute during her post judging interview. It made me want to vote for her...too bad the voting was already over.

I thought Alec's reaction was actually hilarious. I think they may have worked it out before hand because they both started out just staring and the camera. Alec just kept it going the whole time. I was quite entertained.

6. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

I agree. I think it was a "bit." I didn't think it worked very well, but . . . meh.

7. Rumba1

Rumba1 New Member

I have my DVR set so I can watch my favorites!

8. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Welcome to DF!

Come back and tell us who your favorites are!

9. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

What About Mel?

Actually, though I thought Sabrina's chacha amazingly sharp and powerful, I found Mel's cleaner. I think Sabrina had better foot pressure and characterization so it read better, but Mel has a lot of potential, too.

10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with sambagirl, Sabrina was fast, but I thought her legs/feet were flailing around a bit. I actually enjoyed Mel's cha better.

11. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

My scores for the ladies on their first night:

Jayne ... 8
    Melanie ... 8
    Sabrina ... 8
    Jennie ... 7
    Marie ... 7
    Josie ... 6

12. MindyK

MindyK New Member

I would almost like to see that... :p

13. csokoladefalo

csokoladefalo New Member

Hey everybody. My name is Vivi. I'm from Hungary... I've noticed this show lately and it really got my attention. I can't watch it at the exact time cuz we don't have this channel here in Hungary, but I managed to download the parts of the show. I really liked last week's performances. My favourite was Jane Seymour... She did a great job, but I liked the other ones too. :p:p

14. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Hi Vivi,

Welcome to DF! As you can probably tell, we have quite a group here who loves DWTS. I don't know where you got the clips to download but, if you want to watch the entire episodes, you can go to the DWTS website at http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index.html. There's a link on that page to Full Episodes where you can go and view the entire show. ABC usually has the videos posted a day or so after the initial airing.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on how the dancers do each week.

15. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF csokiladefalo (Vivi)!

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto; welcome! :D

17. reb

reb Active Member

Vivi,

Welcome to Dance Forums!

My wife (Hungarian) is a chocolate lover also!

Hint to chocolate-loving DFers . . . sound it out !

csok-o-lade

18. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Vivi
    Szia! Isten hozott.

19. csokoladefalo

csokoladefalo New Member

Hey everybody!
    I've forgotten to tell you that I'm 16 and I'm learning English for a few years so please forgive me if I write something wrong.

Larinda,

Do you sou speak Hungarian?

I haven't got the chance to watch the last shows. I've just seen Jane Seymour's mambo. I think it was very good whatever the judges said!
    I'll tell you the truth guys... I'm a Jane Seymour fan.:)Though, I like the others too... Sabrina is doing a great job. I've just heard that Jane Seymour's mother has passed away. I'm so sorry for Jane's loss. Do you know something about her future apperances in DWTS? Is she going to continue the dancing competition?

20. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

egyszeru magyar
    sok magyar baratok