DWTS - Week 6 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by mamboqueen, Oct 14, 2006.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Thanks...I had a funny feeling...I remember her from the OJ trial! She was one of his team members!
  2. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Well, they said that Sara would have done Tango this week if she had stayed.
  3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

And hence the tango in the pro demo.
  4. Beto

Beto Active Member

Commentary from TV Guide's site about last night's "results" show:
    http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700007867

Dancing with the Stars
    by Jennifer Sankowski

[​IMG]October 18, 2006: The Big Tease

They called it a results show. All night long (hello, Lionel Richie!) they asked, “Who will survive?” and threw around words like “elimination” and “peril” and “fate.” Sure, they occasionally said things like, “No one knows how Sara Evans' premature exit will change the competition.” But then they declared two couples safe and everything seemed to be proceeding as usual. They even went so far as to put the two bottom-scoring couples in the glaring red light. Jerry Springer was literally waving goodbye. And then, at the very last minute, they revealed that no one was leaving!

I feel a little cheated and lied to. I understand that they didn’t want to lose a week of this fun ratings-magnet of a show. But why couldn’t they have been up-front with the fans and explained yesterday how things were going to proceed? People would have still tuned in to watch the dancing last night. And they could have held all or part of Sara’s “exclusive” interview until tonight in order to lock in some ratings for the not-really-a-results show.

Nevertheless, I’m glad they decided to follow the American Idol example (as some posters here predicted) and combine this week’s scores with next week’s scores, so that no votes were made in vain. But the whole thing didn’t feel too well planned, and there’s really no excuse for that. I mean, the possibility of a star dropping out for any number of reasons isn’t an idea coming from left field. Suppose Jerry threw a diva-like tantrum in Week 6 and just quit? What if Eva Longoria stepped on her pal Mario Lopez’s foot while dancing with him and broke five of his toes? Anything could happen, and they really need to have a fallback procedure in place.

While I doubt Jerry will officially quit, he may have checked out of the competition in spirit. His tone has shifted from self-deprecating humor to defeat – it seems like he truly doesn’t want to learn two new dances for next week. As it stands right now, he heads into next week’s combo vote at a disadvantage since he’s in the bottom two alongside lip-licking Joey Lawrence (the segment with the body-language expert was quite funny and insightful), so Jerry may soon be put out of his misery.
  5. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Not to be ugly, but glad we didn't have to see Sara dance the tango!
  6. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

Jerry Jerry Jermister!!! lol!
  7. alemana

alemana New Member

i admit we mocked her mercilessly throughout the show. it's almost too easy.

samantha, i'm talking about.
  8. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

So anybody have a guess as to what dances will be done next week?
  9. yanka

yanka New Member

haven't yet seen any comments about the looks/comments Karina and Eva were throwing each other on their night out with Mario. Not that I neccessarily want to see any comments. The whole time the clip was playing, I was gripping my chair in fear that a catfight was going to break out... Maybe it was just me.
  10. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Gee, I wish I had seen that. I missed the first 30 minutes of the show, so I was very happy that they picked Karina and Mario for the Wenesday night repeat., but I would have liked to see that little outing.
    OK, time now to go on record and pick a winner. I say it will be the person who deserves it most, and that is Mario.
    Of course I don't know the size of Emmitt's fan base compared to Mario's, (it must be huge), but I am putting myself on the line.
  11. Beto

Beto Active Member

It wasn't just you. Karina either looked bored or like she was being ignored. Not sure what the whole Eva/Mario dynamic is though :confused: and don't really care. I'm just wondering if Mario will get back into the good form he had in Week 1 (nothing he's done so far has impressed me as much as that cha cha).
  12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Agreed. Had hoped that would be the start of what we'd see from him... but so far it seems to have been the end of that level from him.
  13. alemana

alemana New Member

the whole eva vs. karina thing was very transparently pre-scripted by the producers. boring.

although i will admit i giggled when karina spat, "oh yes of course eva, she's my favorite housewife."
  14. alemana

alemana New Member

and for dances next week - everybody's doing whatever ones they haven't done yet... i read that mario and karina are doing jive and foxtrot.
  15. redhead

redhead New Member

Did anyone see Eva actually dancing? Cause I didn't. They only did facial expression shots.
  16. yanka

yanka New Member

I think Mario's ADD may catch up soon. If they do standard next week, Joey will likely kick Mario's butt.
    I agree that Joey is a bit stiff and visually trying too hard, but at least he's trying and improving and his movement looks good. I think Mario's still trying to fly by on his natural talent but isn't really developing himself further.
  17. Beto

Beto Active Member

I did but from what I saw I wasn't impressed. She looked like one of those people at the salsa club who hangs out by the bar and isn't the hardcore dancer type. Very limited, or basic, in what we saw.
  18. yanka

yanka New Member

Karina saw Eva dancing...and said [to the camera] she could give her some pointers if Eva were interested *sigh*
  19. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I have been saying that myself, but the mambo did impress me.
  20. alemana

alemana New Member

the mambo did have a lot going for it - good choreography, good energy, pretty freaking difficult footwork in spots. v. fast. mario couldn't actually LEAD a lot of it, but there's very little way he could learn that in the time they're given anyway.

that ending though - why? why end with your face in her abdomen? so strange.