DWTS - Week 6 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by mamboqueen, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

That was why I wasn't impressed. Karina looked like she was turning herself and Mario just had his hand out. I couldn't really see him turning her so either he overextended and couldn't or that was what she told him to do. I see her leading herself more than I see him leading her and that bothers me.

No clue on that one either. What was Karina thinking?:confused:

I know! I was like "oh no she didn't!" :shock: Whatever respect I mighta had for Eva kinda disappeared with that comment.
  2. alemana

alemana New Member

karina kills me with the backled multiple spins where she's got one leg up in a half-attitude and her back arched and her head back... she's doing that HERSELF. everything, from balance to timing to entrance and dismount. astounding. i couldn't do it if i were strapped into a full-body brace that held every muscle in the right position *and* i had a fabulous lead.
  3. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Welcome to DF! :D

I'd try googling for dance lessons in the northern NJ area and see what you can find.
  4. alemana

alemana New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgO6gkp3tbM

someone put louis and monique's samba (which they did to sucky nonsamba music) to a slightly better musical choice.. watch and see if it changes your opinion of the 'flavor' of samba being there.
  5. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I just watched that, and it's very funny but also points out what it's supposed to! Thanks for showing us this video. :p
  6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

WOW! It's like you can watch it and think, yeah, maybe it's samba, I see samba moves. But when you actually hear samba music with it, OMG, it's samba without a doubt. It would have been a good moment for Louis to pull a "Of course it's not a proper tango, it's Blondie for goodness sake!"
  7. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

Ruht-Roh. (TM Scooby Do). I had to look up what "Tribes" is. Wheew. Not so bad. unfortunately, I will be outing myself as even geekier than that with the truth: "Shazbot (or Shazzbot)" = Mork and Mindy.
    (I was a tiny little child! It's not my fault what I found amusing!)
    Nanu Nanu.

I was also coming over to post the Monique/Louis samba dubbed to new music.
    Wish we could send it to Bruno and Len, the old fuddyduddies.
    Do you think they script the judges comments? 'Cause I seriously don't know what is up with them sometimes.
  8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What!?!?! I thought everybody knew Shazbot! It's a classic. :lol:
  9. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

Great point!

The music director got really lucky last season when Cheryl choreographed a great Paso Doble to "Thriller," and they're just hoping somebody else can do the same thing this season. Not likely.
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Some years ago, I worked on a Shuttle mission named "Astro-1". Among the people who worked on this mission, it was almost universally known as "Ras-ro". :D
  11. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

That's amazing - I have to wonder if any of the judges will see that.

She was my favorite before - I really think she's easily one of the top 3 dancers this season. But with that music . . . wow. I was impressed.
  12. Beto

Beto Active Member

Okay I remember that show from the 70's too and remember that phrase but couldn't recall hearing "shazbot". Guess now I know where the game creators found that word :D

Sometimes I think the judges are scripted. Bruno always has something positive to say (90% of the time anyway), leading me to think he's on something illegal. CA gets technical on some things and Len offers outright praise, a backhanded compliment or comes down hard on the performers.

OMG :shock: Okay first let me go on record and say how much I DISLIKE that song because it's called cha cha and yet doesn't have a single, recognizable cha-cha element to it and is instead just another Latin American pop music artist cashing in on a popular dance name despite doing nothing to honor it with the song's structure. (me? bitter? nooo.... ;) )

HOWEVER, and back to the OMG :shock: from earlier, that song completely changes how I viewed Louis's samba with Monique. It's like night and day. Perfect!

You all need to see and hear Louis and Monique's unaired confessionals on ABC's site. Pretty interesting comments from the two of them (including Louis's reading of samba movements AND an offer to teach Len the Real Samba) Direct link: http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/index.html
  13. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Cute!

14. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

And early 80s! Ahem. Maybe I saw it in reruns. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Heh. You go, Louis.

Astro. Astro! He was the one that said ruht-ro isn't he? Not Scooby. :confused:
  15. Beto

Beto Active Member

Yes, the 80's, right, of course! Silly of me to forget that. ;)

I love Louis, he's the man! It'd be neat to see him in the finals or *gasp*, win this time!

AFAICR, it's Scooby who says "ruht-ro". If Astro says it too then my memory of the Jetsons ain't what it used to be.
  16. cornutt

Well, Astro was sort of the prototype for Scooby, and I think they were both voiced by the same actor. So Astro may have said it some.

(Here I sit with all of the technology of Western civilization in front of me, and I'm using it to discuss cartoon dogs. :rolleyes: )
  17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, hell, even I know Shazzbot!
  18. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

I was thinking about starting a DWTS thread that went something like this: "What cartoon characters would each judge/pro/celeb/host of dancing with the stars be?"

It all started when I pictured Bruno as Captain Caveman. Something about seeing him in his rather skimpy costume for the Elton John video "I'm still standing."

It's really quite disturbing.

George Hamilton as Pepe Le Pew.
    John O as Snaggletooth.
    Anna as Natasha.
    Drew as Mighty Mouse.
  19. cornutt

Oh, this looks like fun! Tucker Carlson is Mr. Peabody. ("Sherman, set the wayback machine!") Tom Bergeron is Uncle Fester from the Addams Family. Kelly Monaco is Pebbles. Master P is Captain Caveman. Jerry Springer is Mr. Magoo.
  20. cornutt

Actually, I think Bruno is Pepe Le Pew. Len is one of the Chip 'n Dale squirrels.

And Kenny Mayne is... Daffy Duck!