DWTS - Week 6 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by mamboqueen, Oct 14, 2006.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

From the ABC website.
    Wonder what they are up to...

Dancing With the Stars Home
    Wednesday, October 18 at 8/7c
    Results Show
    Legendary singer Lionel Richie will have viewers dancing "all night long" as he performs. Also, in a stunning turn of events, country music singer Sara Evans has dropped out of the competition. In this results show we'll reveal live how the rest of the contest will unfold. The stars, dancers and hosts are all unaware of how Sara's departure will affect the competition, making for what promises to be a shocking revelation.

2. alemana

alemana New Member

i suspect nothing much, actually... maybe they just won't eliminate anyone this week.

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

My wild guess: They are going to bring Willa back tonight. She and the bottom 2 from this week's voting are going to have a dance-off to decide who gets eliminated.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I also note the comment about Willa: that they called her about returning, but she won't because it is the audience that voted her off. I wonder if that is so.

5. alemana

alemana New Member

maks and willa have been saying all week they won't come back. maybe that's for dramatic purposes, but i sorta believe them. not sure why.

maks seems a little over the whole thing, to tell you the truth.

6. yanka

yanka New Member

Unfortunately, I'm with you. She seems the overly emotional type. If she knows the audience didn't vote for her (which she had to deduce since she was ranked quite high with judges), she's not going to come back. Why would she want to get her hopes up and back into the stressful competition mentality if she's sure she won't last a second week. Yea, we can say "but Jerry's definitely going home" - but that's what we said last week!

7. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I think they're not going to eliminate anyone tonight. My prediction is that they'll annouce the bottom two, then announce that they're going to be combining this week's scores with next week's to determine who gets eliminated next week.

Which would mean Jerry suffering through two more dances - poor guy.

8. alemana

alemana New Member

oh god, how much would it stink for maks and willa to come back on then get voted off AGAIN?
    OY.

9. yanka

yanka New Member

exactly. Now imagine the embarassment of losing to Jerry twice in a row.
    I wouldn't go back either.

Of course, as a viewer who thought Willa should've been in the top 3, I would love to see her come back. :dream:

10. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

How about "poor us" for having to watch him dance again? lol!

11. kayak

kayak Active Member

Given that he has been dancing for 20+ years, it would be kind of sad if he didn't wouldn't it? I think his ability is quite impressive. I actually am impressed with how well ES and Joey do.

I think they did a pretty unequal job of matching the dancers to their best dance. Hopefully, it was a hat draw and not producer planned. If I was a competitor like Jerry and a leader like Mario was given a dance he was super strong in with great music while I got a goofy song to do a paso to, I would not be pleased.

12. Beto

Beto Active Member

Exactly! Bruno's comment about watching Jerry...

"It's been a perverse pleasure watching you every week, butchering every dance. Tonight it was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre." (thanks to My Ox is Broken for the exact quote)

...pretty much sums up how I feel about him still being on the show. After the waltz 2 weeks ago he shoulda exited. Hopefully, NOW that the audience has seen Jerry go too far with his schtick (and without any basics thrown in as in previous weeks), they'll make sure he exits tonight.

13. victordancer

victordancer New Member

thank you My Ox is Broken

I want to add my thanks for My Ox is Broken's website and her putting up the videos of the performances. While checking to see if my VCR was recording, I missed emmet and cheryl's jive but was able to see it this morning on her site and was in fact inspired to practice a jive routine my wife and i had learned this summer at BYU dance camp at our wednesday dance lesson.

14. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Who's here for the result show?

15. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

I'm sort of here.

16. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

17. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Mario and Karina get the encore this week.

18. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

For at least half of the song, Mario hasn't even looked at Karina. What the heck?

19. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

So the ABC message board has comments that Louis listed out the samba steps in the routine? Yes? West Coast viewer dying to know . . .

20. ChelD

ChelD Member

Mario & Karina and Monique & Louis are safe. So far so good....