DWTS3 - Mario & Karina

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Porfirio Landeros, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

Mario Lopez is probably best known as A.C. Slater from an old (80's-90's ish) TV Show called "Saved by the Bell". An old teen heartthrob type of guy. He played the stereotypical popular jock.
  2. redhead

redhead New Member

they were B&G and I've heard there were some abuse issues, at least when comp stress was involved... If that's so, good for her for leaving. She deserves better.
  3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

:?
    What does B&G stand for? (I want it to stand for bi and gay, but I have a feeling that's not it :rolleyes:)

T_E
  4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

boyfriend/girlfriend
  5. Twilight_Elena

:doh: That was painfully obvious and I didn't see it.

T_E
  6. redhead

redhead New Member

I'm sorry, lazy me... but which one would be bi and which one-gay ;) ?
  7. Twilight_Elena

Gee. I don't know. They looked so straight when they danced together. Maybe they're both bi? They were together, after all. ;)

T_E
  8. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Here's another picture:
    [​IMG]
    He must not be very tall, because Karina is not very tall, and they look like a good height together...
  9. Twilight_Elena

Have I ever mentioned I love Karina to the end? Just saw the Chacha and Quickstep of the first two weeks (youtube).
    Chacha: Holy crap. :shock: :D I tried to watch Mario (though Karina was pretty distracting *swoon*) and he's good. I mean, all that in a week?
    Quickstep: I don't know peanuts about QS, I can't even count it. But it looked really nice. :D

T_E
  10. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Someone give me the strength to NOT respond to this absurd crap.

11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, what's funny is that guys that have taken Ballet have the same problem when it comes to leading. I danced with a guy a couple weeks ago and his training has been in Ballet. He was having a more difficult time than I was, but he's just starting Ballroom. So, it's the same for guys. Sometimes other dancing can actually hinder your learning until you break those habits.
  12. Beto

Beto Active Member

I'd say you're doing pretty good there, admirable restraint. At least we're not talking about the rumors that Karina and Mario have apparently been dating since August ;)
  13. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

I absolutely agree though ballet dancers at least know how to make lines look good. I'm a classically trained ballet dancer for 15 years and when I switched to Latin, oh boy, I had a truly hard time being "grounded". Also, I have a different way of doing chaine turns in ballet which simply would not work in latin. Rumba walks were especially hard as you have to work your back and hips and really settle your weight while transferring from foot to foot quickly. Ballet is almost always rim rod straight with no allowance for any "sinking" of the hips. Spins were hard as well even though I know how to spot but if you observe carefully, a chaine turn in ballet and a chaine turn in latin is quite different in terms of timing, arm placement and weight placement.

INterestingly, I believe Hannah Kartunen (who used to dance with Paul Killick) is formally trained in ballet and I think in gymnastics as well. However, she looks absolutely grounded and not "light" and "airy" when she's dancing. We'll just have to keep plugging away and getting rid of the tendency to fall back on old habits!

Back to the thread: Karina is an absolute favorite of mine. She's very charismatic on the floor and just in a totally different league. I think if the rumor that she and Mario are dating is true, all the better for their chemistry don't u think?
  14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

See, now I can make my lines look good thanks to Ballet, and my instructors love this about me. (Plus it helps that I have long arms and long legs.) But it's what to do with my hands that I really need to know how do properly! ;)
  15. Twilight_Elena

You do know I was kidding, right?

T_E
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The newspaper, the major paper in the metropolitan area where I live, is reporting that Mario and Karina are dating.
  17. alemana

alemana New Member

zzzzzzzzzzzz
  18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

They said the same thing about Kelly Monaco and Alec Mazo. Last time it was Ashly and Joey. They do this with one of the teams every season to stir up controversy. But Mario's girlfriend was in the audience they reported, so I highly doubt it's true just like how I doubted the other rumors were true.
  19. Twilight_Elena

Maybe they are dating, maybe they aren't. Maybe I'm actually a really cool hotshot dancer posing as a beginner and I'm being taught by E.T. (which would explain many things).
    In alemana's spirit, I gotta say gossip is boring.

T_E
  20. SexyMan2Cha

SexyMan2Cha New Member

Plus I'm currently dating Karina,

not