Eastern US Dancesport

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mamboqueen, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

deadline was jan 15, but you can try emailing organizers
  2. Katarzyna

3. BM

BM New Member

Has there been any mention of heat lists, yet? I'll be spectating this year. :)
  4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Getting excited for this!

Btw, just re-booked my hotel room, saving myself about $150 over 3 nights. Thursday night is just $103. I think that is close to the cheapest I've ever paid in Boston!

Got a great deal on airfare out of Newark too: $98, with tax and fees $126. It's a little illusory, though: I had forgotten that pretty much every airline other than Southwest now charges a checked bag fee, so that's an extra $15 right off the bat. Oh well!
  5. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

CCM - $98 out of Newark? Which airline and where did you book? Was only finding commuter flights out of laguardia and that is just too much of a hassle.
  6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

just confirmed with entry for Friday night champ shcolarship events, so we are in
  7. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

why bother for flights? if you could make it to NY mid town or down town area, take the bus there, around $20 per person each way:)
  8. njdancegirl

We are driving...was just hoping to save some time!

$20 each way for bus not so bad; train is more than double that!
  9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

10. ChaChaMama

Well, for me, since I'll be leaving from Princeton, into NYC is about $20 round trip, plus about $40 round trip for the bus = $60.

Bus takes 4.5 hours.
    Plane takes 1 hr, 10 mins.
    Now, that's a little bit of a lie, because I get to the airport ultra early, but even so....
    I personally *LOVE* taking Amtrak, but I think CCP would rather fly and spend less time en route.

njdancegirl--We're flying Continental. They had a ton of different times out of Newark for that $98 price.

I'm also flying to Boston the next week out of Baltimore on TransAir for a pretty good price, but not as good as $98.
  11. mamboqueen

They'll be posted some time on Monday.
  12. Nik

Nik Member

I'll be dancing Thu, Fri and Sat and some pro-am.

Thumbs up to this comp for having a 10-Dance Championship.
  13. njdancegirl

Looks like tonight...emailed organizer this morning.
  14. mamboqueen

thanks for the update....I'm sure they're working hard to get them posted.
  15. njdancegirl

Can't even imagine...made sure to apologize in advance for even asking!
  16. ChaChaMama

Fixed that up for you! (I'm sure it just went without saying! ;) )

Heat lists and a more detailed schedule are up! Looks like it's going to be a great comp.

:) CCM
  17. mamboqueen

lmao, you are too funny!
  18. Nik

Nik Member

hahaha, must of accedently deleted that part when i hit submit.

also should added "who save me from training for tour de france in this cold weather" :)
  19. ChaChaMama

And who is always willing to help with any proofreading tasks that come your way. ;)

Lol about the Tour de France! You know I need you to save your breath for giving me the same correction for the seventh (or seventieth) time! ;) Very much appreciated, btw.

CCM
  20. Katarzyna

trying to decide if we shoudl go or not, Alex has been sice for over a week so we have not had real practices since he is not 100% recovered.. but it was supposed to be one of first warumpus for nationals etc, so feel it maybe be good to go and run through the routines in costume.. but should we show ourseloves in front of judges not 100%.... well that wont be first time.. not sure, guess it will be last min decision thursday.