Eastern US Dancesport

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mamboqueen, Dec 18, 2008.

1. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

Last year I was a vendor at this event. This year I am dancing with the MassABDA dance group to fill for a leader who pulled out. I have danced just twice with my new partner but she has done great. This is a beginner comp where these students will compete amongst themselves. I am so excited just to be out on the floor with them. We will be dancing Thursday night. Please come and cheer them on. These are new dancers who have been training for this for just a couple of months. Some of them have never danced ballroom before this. Bill Morganti has done a wonderful job teaching these students to dance. I am so pleased to have been asked to join them!!! Thanks to Jim Dicecca for inviting me.
    Mass ABDA is working to extend Ballroom in Massachusetts and what better way than to take this group and get them out on the dance floor at the Beautiful Park Plaza in Boston.
    :applause:

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Good luck to everyone, decided not to go :(

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Bummer, Kat. Hope he's on the mend soon!

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

oh well, hope Alex recover soon! he seems fine yesterday but guess to dance rounds requires more energy so could be tough.

We are shocked to find out our names not on heat lists but I'm sure I have email from organizer to accept my entry. For now I print that email but left message and shoot another email to confirm, no response yet, so just waiting.

5. Katarzyna

Alex can totally dance like 15 sec in a row without coughing and sitting, but that's too short for a comp.. well unless we start a minute into each dance and take LONG time setting up :)

its a shame, as I really WANTED to go to this one.

6. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

heh.... dance TBA :p

7. Katarzyna

lol Sure :)

8. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Thanks MQ for calling organizer for us. Finally received a phone call from them, saying probably entry forms got lost thru email, someone accidentally deleted that email? :( so provided our names over the phone and heat # we supposed to be dance and re-emailed entry forms again. Hopefully they'll receive by this time...

9. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Does anyone know what time the shows are on Friday and Saturday night? The detailed schedule is up, but I don't see them in the evening session timelines.

I'm sure it's probably right in front of my face somewhere....

10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Session 3, Friday Evening [Friday February 20, 2009, 07:00PM]
    07:45PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Amer Rhythm Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 249 ]
    07:57PM World Pro/Am DanceSport Rhythm 5-Dance Championships [Heat 250 ]
    08:25PM World Pro/Am DanceSport Int'l Standard 5-Dance Championships [Heat 251 ]
    08:37PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Int'l Standard Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 252 ]
    08:37PM World Pro/Am DanceSport Int'l Standard 5-Dance Championships [Heat 253 ]
    08:50PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Int'l Standard Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 254 ]
    09:02PM Eastern U.S. Amateur Smooth Championship - Adult A [Heat 255 ]
    09:12PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Int'l Standard Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 254 ]
    09:25PM Eastern U.S. Amateur Standard Championship - Adult A [Heat 256 ]
    09:37PM Awards: Awards
    09:47PM Eastern U.S. Professional Int'l Ten Dance - Latin Section [Heat 257 ]
    10:00PM Eastern U.S. Professional Amer Nine Dance - Smooth Section [Heat 258 ]
    10:40PM Eastern U.S. Professional Int'l Standard Championships [Heat 259 ]
    10:52PM Eastern U.S. Professional Amer Rhythm Championships [Heat 260 ]
    11:15PM Eastern U.S. Rising Star Professional Int'l Latin Championships [Heat 261 ]
    11:27PM Eastern U.S. Rising Star Professional Amer Smooth Championships [Heat 262 ]
    11:37PM Eastern U.S. Professional Int'l Standard Championships [Heat 259 ]
    11:50PM End of Session

Session 5, Saturday Evening [Saturday February 21, 2009, 07:00PM]
    07:30PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Amer Smooth Scholarship Championship - Open [Heat 460 ]
    07:40PM World Pro/Am DanceSport Open Smooth 4-Dance Championships [Heat 461 ]
    07:50PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Amer Smooth Scholarship Championship - Open [Heat 462 ]
    08:10PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Int'l Latin Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 463 ]
    08:22PM World Pro/Am DanceSport Open Latin 5-Dance Championships [Heat 464 ]
    08:45PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Int'l Latin Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 465 ]
    08:57PM Eastern U.S. Amateur Rhythm DanceSport Championship - Adult A [Heat 466 ]
    09:20PM Eastern U.S. Pro/Am Int'l Latin Scholarship Championship - Open Level [Heat 465 ]
    09:32PM Eastern U.S. Amateur Latin DanceSport Championship - Adult A [Heat 467 ]
    09:45PM Awards: Awards
    10:05PM Eastern U.S. Professional Int'l Ten Dance - Standard Section [Heat 468 ]
    10:17PM Eastern U.S. Rising Star Professional Amer Rhythm Championships [Heat 469 ]
    10:45PM Eastern U.S. Rising Star Pro Int'l Standard Championships [Heat 470 ]
    10:57PM Eastern U.S. Professional Amer Nine Dance - Rhythm Section [Heat 471 ]
    11:10PM Eastern U.S. Professional Int'l Latin Championships [Heat 472 ]
    11:22PM Eastern U.S. Rising Star Pro Int'l Standard Championships [Heat 470 ]
    11:45PM Eastern U.S. Professional Amer Smooth Championships [Heat 473 ]
    11:55PM Eastern U.S. Professional Int'l Latin Championships [Heat 472 ]
    12:07AM End of Session

11. Larinda McRaven

Nope, doesn't have showtimes...

12. Larinda McRaven

Kinda sucks that my scholarships w Cantski are the first two events on Saturday evening. Back to back no less...

13. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Yes, that's the schedule I was looking at...and wondering where the time for the shows is...

I had to pay for both nights because my events are split between the two, so I want to take advantage and see the shows!

14. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

A heads up:

Friday night's shows will be Mentor Sejdiu and Alla Profatilova; Max Kozhevnikov and Beata.

Saturday night's shows will be Max Kozhevnikov and Beata; Eric Luna and Georgia Ambarian. This is a change from what was on the website. Jonathan Roberts and Valentina cannot appear after all because of Jonathan's commitment to DWTS. (He explains this in a letter that appears in the program.) It also looks like maybe Max Kozhevnikov will be doing a show number with Yuk Chun.

Last night's events:

Ilya and Amanda Reyzin won the Pro Salsa.

Nik and Natasha won the Latin Basic.

Vladimir Popov and Darya Shushko won the Standard Basic.

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Way to go Nik&Natasha!! :cool:

16. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Last night, Mentor Sejdiu and Alla Profatilova did two show numbers which were a blast. I enjoyed their performances very much.

Funny, last night Pierre Allaire announced Jonathan and Valentina were performing on Saturday but you say there is a letter in the program. Huh!?!?

In my next life may I please come back in the body of Natasha. Wow, she is gorgeous!

I'm there again on Saturday night!

17. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the results. Bummer about Jonathan and Valentina, but very happy to be seeing Max & Beata. Silly show ;)

See you tomorrow ;)

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Good luck - 'win one (or rather two) for the DFers' ;)

19. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Anyone know what time the show will be on Saturday night?

20. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I don't know what to tell you, but I promise, I'm not making up the letter in the program! It is on page 167, and it starts "I am writing this letter to apologize because Valentina and I are unable to perform here as we had planned." My guess is that Pierre Allaire was working off an old script when he made that announcement.

Some results:

RISING STAR PROFESSIONAL LATIN
    1--Andrei Svirydzenka and Yuliya Zubava
    2--Couple 173--I'm pretty sure the lady's name was Yuliya Zabatska, or something close to it.
    3--Russ Wilder and Katusha Wilder
    4--Tomas Vasicek and Gabriela Coufalova
    5--Couple 111--I think something like Tranh Tranh and Julia
    6--Ferenc Nemeth and Stephanie Daniela Frey.
    This was from a semi. It started with 8 or 9 couples.