Eastern US Dancesport

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mamboqueen, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

RISING STAR PROFESSIONAL AMERICAN SMOOTH
    1--Ilya and Amanda Reyzin
    2--Couple 185--Nathan Simler and Lacy McNeese (or something close to that)
    3--Adam Maynard and Rachel Nace

PROFESSIONAL AMERICAN RHYTHM
    1--Ilya and Amanda Reyzin
    2--Edgar Osorio and Mirela Pohaska
    3--Dimitrios and Maria Damalas
    4--Fitzgerald (?) and Kelly Walsh
    5--Christian Duffke and Anja Leiter
    6--Nathan Simler and Lacy McNeese (?)

PROFESSIONAL INTERNATIONAL STANDARD
    1--Anton Lebedev and Anna Borshch
    2--Ruslan Meshkov and Alexandra Nema
    3--Paolo DiLorenzo and Liene Darbiniece
    4--Andrey and Yuliya Klinchik
    5--Couple 178--possibly Nikita (???) and Davila (???)
    6--Vladimir Popov and Darya Sushko
    This was from a semi of 9 couples.
  2. ChaChaMama

AMATEUR AMERICAN SMOOTH
    1--Ryan Kenner and Amanda Putlik
    2--Mike Creeden and Jessica Spink
    3--Michael Obara and Jayne Pawasauskas
    4--Kurt and Mary Lemmer
    5--Gary J. Collin and Mary F. Harvey
    6--Aaron Katz and Sarah Holdaway
    [I might have reversed 4th and 5th, but I think that's right.]

AMATEUR INTERNATIONAL STANDARD
    1--Ronen Zinstein and Mariam Izmidova (sp???)--He is so gifted and funny! Knows how to play to the audience.
    2--Sasha Tchernossitov and Regina Maziarz
    3--Vasyl Makarov and Grace Fu
    4--Kani Liao and Anna Chaldyeva
    5--Alexandre Moreau and Sophie Tremblay
    6--Tal Livsh*itz and Vlada Semenova
    This was from a semi of 9 couples.

-Congratulations to all the D-Fers!!!!! Lots of great results tonight.

-CCP has shot 2000+ photos.

-I need to brag about Nik for a moment. He danced single dances this afternoon, then he and his student Sue Gershowitz came in 2nd in the Pro-Am Advanced Open International Standard Scholarship Championship (out of 9), then he changed for the 10-dance latin, and then again for standard! And he seemed to do it all with good humor and danced with great energy and flair throughout. You rock, Nik!

-The show numbers were great.
    Mentor and Alla repeated one number from the night before, and then danced a "Hunchback of Notre Dame" themed number.

Max and Beata did
    -Charlie Chaplin number
    -Paso
    -A rumba where he was dressed kind of Lawrence of Arabia style and she was wearing blue, and I think maybe she was supposed to represent water or an oasis?
    -2 west coast swings, one very fast, the other more bluesy and west coast-ish.
    Apparently they will do 2 new numbers we haven't seen tomorrow night.
  3. Nik

Nik Member

needed 1 mark for the standard final ..... sue also needed only 1 mark to win the scholarship. doesnt seem like the comp is as organized as it was last year.
  4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Way to go Anton and Anna - top canadian pros now...
  5. contracheck

contracheck New Member

For those who are interested, Paolo DiLorenzo/Liene Darbiniece (3rd in International Standard this week, Eastern Championship) performing at Battista in NJ tonite (2/21/09).
  6. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Oh, I wasn't doubting you, I was marveling at how quickly things change. It was a quick post sent from the office and I was a bit more brief than I normally would be.

7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Way to go, Ryan! (For those who might not know that's DF's own cantskiforlife.)
  8. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Does anyone has results for professional latin?
  9. Nik

Nik Member

10. NoDayButToday

NoDayButToday New Member

Results for pro latin?
  11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, beyond Nik & Natasha being #1, I can only remember ladies costumes. Didn't get a program unfortuantely. Someone will be along with your results...

okay; just checked against r/s latin; this couple was 6th in pro latin: Tomas Vasicek and Gabriela Coufalova

I have a feeling the other top couples in r/s latin were in the mix, too, but again...*dresses*. I think a Canadian couple was second, but I could be mixing that up with am latin.
  12. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

How did you do MQ?
  13. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Aside from my tan turning green? *lol* My daughter told me to save the tanner that I used for Halloween and I could go as a brussel sprout :shock:

Decent results...still have a lot of work to do on my routines, and posture. Four rounds of jive is probably too much for my old body. Started to lose steam at the end.

Interesting music selections. Can't say I've ever had Sexy Back as a cha cha. I heard it start and looked at my pro like :shock: I also heard Disturbia and Womanizer....dunno, I prefer the more authentic music.

Got to meet NJD and see her dance. She did great...I'll let her give her results. Cantski, as always, looked terrific on the floor, as did CCM.

Amazing to me how Natasha can go from elegant/chic light pink Goddess-style ballgown to totally hot in her black latin dress. The girl can work it. And if IIRC, Nik was using left brain techniques ;)

Poor MP is passed out on the sofa. She had been battling a cold and we were both completely spent by the end of the night. We were about 10' short of my car in the parking garage and she lost her cookies. Good thing she wasn't dancing this comp!

Edit: after seeing the standard dancers nearly pummel into each other several times in Quickstep, I'm rethinking standard! Looks dangerous for one's health!
  14. Nik

Nik Member

pro latin

1. nik and natasha
    2. jan and irina
    3. francis and claudia
    4. sharone and yulia
    5. genya and yana
    6. couple mq posted up top

sorry if i mispelled anyones name or got it wrong. there were 11 couples i think.
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

thanks nik - and big congrats!
  16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Too funny : )
  17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Congrats Nik! :)
  18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! :cheers:
  19. ChaChaMama

MQ was awesome and is being modest!!! Very impressed with how she did in her scholarship. And oooh, CCP got some nice photos of her!

Nik and Natasha were awesome, winning both the latin AND the 10 dance! (Didn't see that mentioned yet.) YAY!!!

What a fun, fun comp! I have a lot more to say about it, but some of it might have to wait until we get home. We are having a bit of an ill-fated return trip. Flight to Newark was delayed due to weather. Got to Newark and to long-term parking. Front right tire is flat. We are now at a Sears Auto Center in Elizabeth, NJ (or thereabouts). Probably won't even hit Princeton until 6:30-7 PM, a little communing with the parents, and after that, a 3 hr drive back to MD. CCC (ChaChaChild) had better sleep in the car!
  20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Spill!!! PM....