Eastern US Dancesport

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mamboqueen, Dec 18, 2008.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Congrats CCM!

2. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Great pics so far, CCM! Always look forward to CCP's photos!

3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Yes, that is supposed to be an 8. Huh.
    Within the scholarship:
    4th in cha
    2nd in samba
    3rd in rumba
    4th in jive (I actually messed up a couple times, misread the lead.)

Turns out that if I had one more placement, I would have been tied for 3rd, and two more placements, and I would have been tied for 2nd. So it was close. I feel reasonably good that I was in the mix. Would I have felt better if I were in fact 3rd or 2nd? Sure. But still, pretty happy. Also, the most important thing is that I improved since my last comp. Ultimately, I have to compete against myself. (Esp since the field can be very different from one comp to the next.)

4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

There are some more photos up, including some of the earlier events of Saturday night: advanced open pro-am latin scholarship, Max Kozhevnikov and Yuk Chun, amateur rhythm, recall of advanced open pro-am latin scholarship (though not sure this event is quite done).

A few got out of order, due to the mysteries of technological devices, but shouldn't make much of a difference.

5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

lovely pics CCM and Nik...the second one made me smile, Nik looks amused.

CCM you look lovely in that blue. And congrats on the dancing!

6. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

CCM Love CCP's photo's of you and Nik!!! Your dress looks great!!! Congrats! :)

7. Thanks Danceronice. Sorry I've been rather distant from these posts recently. Have totally lost track of any scheduling, tasks, etc... that I am supposed to do. Hopefully getting back on track this weekend.

8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Her name is Lecie. :)

9. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Thanks again for ccp's photos! also great to see Cantski and other dfers' there