Edita Daniute retires

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by vcolfari, Feb 29, 2012.

1. vcolfari

vcolfari Member

2. Griffico

Griffico Member

::head explode::
  3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

OM-freaking-G!!!
  4. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I am not happy about this!:(
  5. This makes me sad.

It could spell the end for Mirko as well, and I do enjoy watching his dance styles. I actually find I have very similar natural technique and lines to him.
  6. No doubt major SHOCK!, Mirko and Edita were in many ways better than Arunas and Katusha, (Tango and Quickstep - way better), but definitely way way way more impactful!!!! ...and definitely deserved to be #1

I don't know what Mirko will do, but it wasn't a joint retirement announcement, so I would have to think that he will continue dancing competitively......

glad I'm not going to Dance Legends, that's a major hole in the program to lose Mirko and Edita...there is not alot of people that I would pay that much to see, Mirko and Edita would be up there with Slavik, other than that I don't think it's much of draw except for Michael and Joanna
  7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

NOOOO! This makes me incredibly sad.

I wonder if her and Mirko will continue doing shows together if he ends up retiring as well. This is definitely a loss to the ballroom community :(
  8. bluemountain

bluemountain Member

Possibly, Mirko can dance again with Alessia?
  9. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

well that was a short come back out of previous retirement.
  10. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

:banana::banana:would be amasing
  11. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

If they follows the form of other retiring couples/singles, I expect they will perform at Dance Legends and anywhere else they've already agreed to. But may not accept additional bookings.
  12. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that. She is an incredible dancer.
  13. neakor

neakor New Member

No!!! I love her and Mirko. The kids and family must be putting a lot of stress on her career... what a shame.
  14. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

they were so nice together...
  15. cloey

cloey New Member

pleeeeease, pretty please!
  16. ajiboyet

I think you're gonna have to contact them...
  17. As I suspected they wouldn't dance, but didn't know for sure...

e-mail from Dance Legends:

We are sorry to announce that due to their recent split in partnership, Mirko Gozzoli and Edita Daniute will not be performing at Dance Legends 2012.
  18. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

That's bad not seeing them in Dance Legend, I have the tickets :(
  19. ajiboyet

Maybe she's enjoying the kids and the family...
  20. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Such a shame, I still remember when she danced her last am Blackpool with Arunas, she was 5 months pregnant, still danced so light and amazing!!! I was there watching, so beautiful and impressive, never seen 5 month pregnant lady danced so light and competitively!!! Wish her the best for her kids and family! She will be missed !