Edita Daniute retires

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by vcolfari, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Isn't there a rule about that pregnant women and DanceSport competitions? I'm quite sure I've read something about that somewhere...
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Doubtful.
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Why would there be? IME, unless it's a high-risk pregnancy, pregnant women are advised not to START a new sport, but are rarely advised to STOP an exercise regimen that they are used to.
  4. bluebereft

bluebereft Member

Mirko and Edita are back in competition!

They competed at the WDSF Pro Div World Dancesport Championships in Bassano, and won. I would have expected it, but looking at their responses in the video below, they are very happy nonetheless. This makes it Mirko's seventh world championship in total (including Am, Pro, WDC, WDSF), which is a magnificent achievement!

I've linked the tango honor dance. There are also clips of the final SF, VW, QS, W, and the solo presentation waltz where Mirko and Edita open with their (relatively) basic routine. That basic opening section is one I really enjoy because it reminds me of his dancing with Alessia! (which I prefer, but that's just me)

ch0pst1x, hereKittyKitty and smidra86 like this.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Jeez, ballroom is becoming like boxing.
  6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Agreed Joe, but wow loving that tango!!
  7. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

What do you all think about her dress?
  8. tequila

tequila Member

Yay! I love them!
    Just watched a couple of their old WSSDF shows a couple of days ago feeling sorry that they quit... what an awesome surprise :)

Hmmm, what kinda strikes me is that they are competing within the WDSF PD. Why would they do that?
    However, I am certainly not knowledgeble when it comes to dancesport politics, so does anybody have an idea what their reasons might be (aside from being the best)?
  9. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was wondering too.
  10. tequila

tequila Member

OMG love the part between 2:10 and 2:25
    wohoooo

Do not love the dress, it's not really my style. But she can wear it for sure.
  11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Love the dress too, mesh top is so flattering for the topline. The skirt is really nice too, very full but at the same time still light. Not 100% sure about the lower back opening but it works great on her body
  12. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Her dresses are always unique. I love that. Personally this is one of my favorites of hers:)

I'm just super excited that they are back. There are no words..........​
  13. ajiboyet

The crowd reaction was AWESOME.

But then that tango seemed like something taken off a DWTS episode.
  14. tequila

tequila Member

Ehm, what exactly do you mean? I am a total DWTS- "illiterate"... :oops:
  15. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Warning: Shameless plug :)

If you want to see Mirko and Edita live among many others like Arunas & Katusha, Victor & Anastasia, Emanuel & Tania, Riccardo & Yulia, Michael & Joanna, Stefano & Dasha, Eugene & Maria, Felipe & Carolina, etc , check out Dance Legends on April 12 & 13, 2013
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I liked most of the dress, didn't like the loofah/pompom things on her arms and the skirt was shorter than I like.
    dlliba10 likes this.
  17. bluebereft

bluebereft Member

It really could be anything, from personal, to practical (better for students etc), but we shouldn't speculate!

If I'm not wrong, she's always had a more 'modern' take on dresses, whereas Mirko prefers a more traditional look. I read it somewhere in an interview. Works fine for them - but then again, their dancing is a fair bit ahead of the competition there, so they can really do (almost) whatever they want...
  18. ajiboyet

Just to be clear, I meant the music, not the dancing, though anyone who is familiar with DWTS and M&E would understand.

tequila, what I mean is that DWTS doesn't always use music that is correct for the dances being performed.
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

alas sooo true:(
  20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Doesn't always??? Umm, wouldn't "almost never" be more accurate? (and now sure which is the appropriate emoticon here, ;) / :( / :confused: / :eek: / o_O)