Edita Daniute retires

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by vcolfari, Feb 29, 2012.

1. tequila

tequila Member

thanks for the explanation :)
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

No advertising in our threads in the main ballroom forum please....
  3. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

Are you saying that the music was not correct for a tango? Because I thought that it was VERY correct. I mean, the Tina Turner song wasn't a tango, but it was also not being played for a tango to be danced to it. Once they took the center of the floor for the actual honor dance portion of the evening, that piece was nothing if not a tango.
  4. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Come on now, there have been good times.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

meh its a tv show just enjoy kyms costumes ;) err the concept and be glad it promotes partner dancing:)
  6. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

So big floats are out now?
  7. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Not flat out, no. But...
    Oh well *throws hands up*...I'm not a DJ, am I?
  8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

It's interesting because her competition dress is like this too (on the shorter end). I wonder if it's to highlight her footwork. Though I am not a fan of it either.
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Edita has always had...interesting ballgowns.
    Meagan likes this.
  10. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Interesting is definitely the word to describe her gowns, although I'm not a big fan of most of her gowns either, always no floats or tiny floats, lacks volume, guess only top dancers with perfect frame like her could look good in those "naked" dresses without floats.
    dlliba10 likes this.
  11. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Loving these videos!! Super psyched to see them dance soon.

Not always in love with her dresses but love the fact that she tries different things!!
  12. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

What do you think about other finalists' dresses? I do not see many big floats. Also the length of skirts are shorter and the materials are stiff, reminding me of ballet costumes. Do you think this will be a new trend?