Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Whoops. Got re-measured by my dressmaker last night and have lost 3/4 of an inch off my bust and another inch to inch-and-a-half off of each of waist, hip and seat - compared to the measurements of 6 weeks or so ago. She needs to completely re-draft my dress pattern...

This eat-enough, eat-healthy campaign is apparently not going as well as I had thought. May have to start eating according to a set schedule and plan, hungry or not. Blah.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am so jealous
    I cannot tell you
  3. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Sounds like it is though, with all those inches lost. I am also jelly
  4. FancyFeet

Sorry, fasc! It's genetics... but if it's any consolation, I don't tan, and have been dyeing my hair to cover the grey since I was about 20!

And llmas, the objective is to stop dropping inches and stay where I am... although I suppose that as I haven't been struggling with low energy at all, I must be doing something right :)
  5. llamasarefuzzy

Ah, gotcha. That's the opposite of all my diets. Good luck keeping them on then! I've always find peanut butter and hummus to be tasty, healthy ways of adding more calories to my daily intake
    FancyFeet likes this.
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So going to the gym shortly after eating doesn't work so well for me. I find that I get tired faster and don't have enough energy. I thought 30 minutes would be enough today, but it wasn't. Fortunately, lately I'm not eating lunch very much.
  7. fascination

I need an hour...or I will be urping
  8. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I get horrible cramps if I do anything right after eating - which happens especially when I'm running late and speed-walking to dance class after dinner. I'll do a little bit of Greek yogurt and fruit about 20 minutes before my morning workout and it seems to work well, but I don't do much cardio.
  9. fascination

right...you body is working to digest...you shouldn't also make it work harder to sustain your cardio respiratary needs as well
  10. llamasarefuzzy

Just finished a max vo2 test in class. Got 45 ml/kg/min which is good. Only problem is even though I was at my max for sure ( close to falling off the treadmill) nobody believed me because I still had good posture, gait and was smiling. I let them know after that I regularly practice looking good while working at a max workrate, especially when doing consecutive rounds like I've been doing to get ready for competing on Saturday.#dancerproblems
    Gorme, middy, cornutt and 4 others like this.
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Makes sense--with poor running form you won't be performing to your top ability. And if you're not performing to your top ability, you won't be at max, right?
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  12. FancyFeet

Must not eat any more Halloween candy...

I need nutrition, not caffeine and sugar!
  13. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I've recently discovered "planking", and have started doing it every day. Has anyone else tried this, and if so, what was the result?
  14. fascination

someone today noticed that I've lost a few....thank you God.....
  15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I think doing planks helps build core strength and is a great ab exercise. The kep is to holding the plank as long as you can
    dancelvr likes this.
  16. fascination

yes....is an isometric hold of the abs... strengthens the core...that being said, it is rough on the elbows, shoulders and lower back if overdone/done poorly....best to do a wide variety of ab work
  17. cornutt

Phew. I'm not doing that step aerobics class again. The instructor's sense of rhythm is too ideosyncratic; I find it impossible to follow because I never know what foot she's on or which beat is considered 1 at the moment. :rolleyes:
  18. fascination

rut roh....bad instructor.....that should not be an issue at all
  19. cornutt

Yeah, I'll just find a different class to do. They have a bunch of different classes and I've been trying out different ones. I want to do a class once a week or so just to vary the routine.
    fascination likes this.
  20. fascination

yep...you never want too much specificity anyhow....step was created for knee rehab (believe it or not), but it is a class that is much more dependent upon the skill of the instructor than a lot of other classes....