Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Sometimes just having a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning can be filling and reduce the perceived need for food later in the day. Plus it's a good hot wintertime meal. Of course, I like to put butter in mine, so there's that (though I can do with less butter if I add salt, but then there's *that*).

2. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you need to cut out food so much as add lots of whole foods. Some resistance training and cardio on alternate days will go a long way too. For me oil, butter, nuts, etc. cause me to gain weight. My diet is made up of plant foods, but before I eliminated the oil and butter, I just couldn't lose any weight. I never added a lot of fat to my diet in the first place- just a teaspoon here, a teaspoon there, a handful of peanuts etc. Once I eliminated those and replaced the calories with something not so laden in fat, I lost weight and I still drink wine on occasion.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

eliminate carbs/sugars/booze...have to want to do it...but it does work if you do...

4. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Cows graze… Lions hunt twice a day…

Eat for 8hrs consecutive, fast for 16hrs consecutive… You pick the hours… No other changes needed… Promise.

5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Great suggestions. So far have cut out wine, and no carbs. I already feel lighter! I have heard of intermittent fasting too, but don't think it is backed by enough studies yet.

6. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Yeah....alcohol is a killer. Ask me how I know. Huh. I've cut wheat completely out of my diet, and will kill off the cocktail habit on Jan 1st. Time to get serious.

7. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Is life even worth living then??

If you want something eye opening, try protein sparing modified fasting for 10 days. It'll lose a lot of weight quickly, but more importantly it can make you realize just how much fat and carbs you eat on a daily basis.

8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

By protein sparing, do you mean cutting back on protein? 'Cause, I'm already a vegetarian. :)

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Perhaps.

10. clumsy fellow

Science gave us Velveeta, I wouldn't be waiting for science…

Have you ever seen a fat caveman?

dancelvr and Larinda McRaven like this.
  11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I've never seen a caveman :)

middy likes this.
  12. mindputtee

No, it means you eat only lean protein and veggies (as in protein is spared from being cut in the fast).

13. clumsy fellow

Very well played… nice.

14. sbrnsmith

However, cavemen were more physically active

15. mindputtee

And then there's the whole if you don't run down or physically gather your food, you will starve to death thing...

DesireeDC likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

paleo diet ,warrior diet,IF it all works and there is enough data on IF read the Fast diet book

calorie restriction,no refined foods

oh and workout!!!!!!!! tabata HIIT will burn more calories in 12 minutes than an hour on the bike

DesireeDC likes this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

then so should you be

18. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I get paid more than cavemen to be less active than them.

Joe likes this.
  19. sbrnsmith

I am, just not as much as a caveman!

20. Jina Kim

Jina Kim New Member

Eat less and work out more. But it's not easy, right?