Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. DesireeDC

DesireeDC New Member

Getting married soon and worried about my diet!
  2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Got a HRM for christmas- what a fun little toy! I feel like it is really going to help me take my fitness to the next level
    DesireeDC likes this.
  3. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!
  4. RiseNFall

I know "HRM" should be obvious in this context, but it took me a while.... Did you get one of the bracelet ones?
  5. RiseNFall

I'm quoting parting of an old post of mine to put this in context: I did it!!! :):):)

The real reason I'm posting, however, is to declare that I am going to stink it up and start doing indoor aerobics. I pretty much detest indoor aerobics of all kinds. I'm happy hiking, biking, etc. However, the current outdoor conditions aren't exactly shouting, "come on out for a bike ride!", so I'm going to do indoor stuff. This is both to help with weight loss and because I'm just not fit enough for the faster dances--particularly not for a lesson where we repeat it several times in a row :pain:. (There isn't a panting, exhausted smiley, so I chose the "in pain" one.)

Wish me luck, guys!
  6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! That's a huge accomplishment!

I suggest doing aerobic exercises that are fun and change it up - maybe group classes, spinning, Zumba, that sort of thing. Or high-intensity-intervals. I get really bored doing the same thing for half an hour or more.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

if I don't do group, I will usually do something like 20/20/20 bike, run, elliptical
  8. RiseNFall

Thank you!

Part of the issue is that I have had a lot of problems with my feet and cannot do things like Zumba. Plus some other issues that also limit what I can do. I will take your suggestions, however, and try to find *something* else that I can do. Rumor has it that there are a wider variety of machines in the gyms than there were the last time I stepped into oneā€¦. I could also check out water aerobics at the local Y. I think I will suffer with the monotony of what I have at home for the duration of a very busy January, and then go see what else I can find.

You guys are definitely inspirational!
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Something like Focus T25, perhaps?
  10. RiseNFall

I don't know if my podiatrist would yell at me or thank me for the extra business. Perhaps both.

Two good clothes-fit-better results this week! A blouse that looked fine but had been a little tight across the back now fits perfectly and a pair of pants is now hanging in a much more attractive way (i.e. the waist had fit before, but they had been a little tight other places). Very happy! :)
  11. llamasarefuzzy

Bought a new work dress at ann Taylor loft and fit in a size smaller than I would have ever imagined. Pretty sure there is a case of vanity sizing, but it still feels great:)
    sbrnsmith and FancyFeet like this.
  12. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Dress stress is making me lose my appetite. I haven't eaten much in two days, which adds a new worry - maybe the dress will be too big (and it's already been made about two inches smaller than my September measurements...). Must eat.

Also, must find time to get my butt to the gym. If I look awesome, and dance well, but don't have the stamina to dance a semi and final in two event (which, yay, I hear might happen) potentially all back-to-back, then, well, I risk dancing my worst in my most important event as it will likely be the last one up.
  13. RiseNFall

There's a woman in the studio where I dance with the same problem: she doesn't each much before competitions and is losing too much weight!! She said several people have commented to her recently that she needs to start paying attention and getting more nutrition. (Definitely not something people say to me!!)
    FancyFeet likes this.
  14. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

It can be a problem, even when I am eating. Supect that I'm currently hovering only a couple of pounds above my looks-great-but-zero-energy-and-no-stamina weight.

My food intake is currently roughly double the daily caloric intake of my pro's partner... makes time at the studio interesting, as I seem to be the only one that needs regular snack breaks :) I try to eat on a schedule, hungry or not.
    RiseNFall likes this.
  15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Restarting protein sparing modified fasting today because I've been eating too much lately and it's showing. Hoping to be down 10-15 pounds by our next competition in mid February.
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I cannot fathom that you would have 15 pounds to lose
  17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'm 10 pounds up from my normal, comfortable weight. Fifteen is the outer bound for what I'd like to lose.
  18. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Ann Taylor is the best! Actually I think their clothes fit true to size and I should know. I have a closet full of them
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  19. llamasarefuzzy

Right. I hate it when I'm up over my own comfortable weight. I'm a pretty small person, so when I start watching what I'm eating, people always say I still look thin. But it doesn't feel good being heavier than you normally are.

In other news I've totally abandoned dieting until after this darned MCAT. I just can't be focused on that and school and studying. I'm almost done though, so I'll only have probably 7 lbs to lose before competing again.
  20. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I was up about 5 lbs around the holidays. I am small and petite as well and extra weight shows on me. I really had to scale back on my calorie intake and watch everything I was eating. I am thankful I got rid of those unwanted pounds. It's a constant process though. You are right not to worry about it now. Just focus on your MCATs and good luck!
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.