Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Same here...!!!
  2. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

I drink juice and whilst it has calories, to say it has empty calories is silly. So anti-oxidants are empty calories now? lol..
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Sugar is.
    dancelvr and JudeMorrigan like this.
  4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Ugh just ate my weight in pizza, ice cream and wine. Sometimes, it is necessary, but I was still really sad when I logged it all in my food journal.
  5. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Succeeded in weightlifting three times a week last week. Hopefully I can continue the trend this week.
    chomsky likes this.
  6. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Only had snacks during the day yesterday. Trying to get to 200 pounds from 215 by April/May.
  7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I appreciate that my parents never bought us diet/fake-sugar anything...I can't stand it now. Never been an issue.

I don't 'diet' because that easily turns into obsessive behavior, but between buying a treadmill and skating more (fitting in two days a week now) I both have less craving for bad things (I allow myself one "bad" entree on a weekend and today indulged in a carb sweets binge, probably triggered by being freezing cold) and burn more calories. Since the more I skate the better I get at it and then the more fun it is, the more I want to do it, I'm highly motivated to exercise. Knowing I have one day a week where if I want the cheeseburger I can have it makes it easy to eat well the rest of the time.

Wine, though, I just don't have in the house.
  8. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Comp is over...time to get back into workouts. So hard when you get a break. I have to say, my fitness and exercise routine prior to comp really made a huge difference at comp time. I had tons of energy and endurance and did not feel tired despite of long hours in the ballroom. Came home and discovered I had lost another couple of pounds!
  9. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

I gave up meat and coffee and have been counting down the days relentlessly reminding myself why I'm doing it! Only two more weeks hang in there !
  10. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

Good for you, it's just as bad for you as sugar at the cellular level.
  11. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

I juice too, 7 years now. Gives me tons of energy and feel completely full. Helps keep me away from carbs and cravings! More power to ya on days to come, blessings
    dancelvr likes this.
  12. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

Just thought for you, when you "starve" your body it begins to store fat instead of use it because it triggers a famine response. You should eat every 2-3 hours, mostly raw or lightly steamed veggies of all colors, drink the Green Goodness juice from Bolthouse(found in the cooler section of produce), and mixed nuts/seeds. If you are a meat eater then just grilled or baked chicken breasts, but anytime of day you want! Also drink abt 80-90 oz of water a day. This triggers your metabolism and you will burn calories all day long! Easiest diet because you are never hungry :)
  13. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

Amen, and to note anything on the shelf is required to be pasteurized via the FDA, our 'health' protection agency, whatever, so therefore has
    Lost most of its enzymes and many vitamins in the process, as well as changed the flavor. So fresh juicing is the healthiest alternative when possible.
  14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

paleo diet
    two a day workouts
    protein supplementation
    fat burners like CLA and caffeine ( small amts)

100% fruit juice is fine as a carb repleter after an intense workout.. otherwise no way

12% body fat and dropping with muscle added every month this works

for a guy LOL
  15. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Any idea how hard it is to do a paleo diet when you're a vegetarian? ;)
    Dancer51 likes this.
  16. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

Yea, for a guy, and someone who is able to do two a days and wanting to build muscle, otherwise protein shakes are not necessary for the average person. The vitamins and antioxidants from vegetables, especially dark greens is most Important. I haven't had sugar or milk products and only 3 meats a week for over 7 years and my nutrition panel is perfect. I have it tested every summer. I was low in vitamin B12 for awhile because of no red meat, yeast or eggs in my diet but I put eggs back in and now it's fine. Key is everyone should research how much they should need of protein and all nutrients based on their age and activity level before assessing their diet changes.
    danceronice likes this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yeah paleo and vegetarian are nearly mutually exclusive

agree dancer51 as well
  18. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Still struggling to manage my food intake. If I don't eat sufficient portions and frequently enough, I crash energy-wise and have a tendancy to eat terrible-for me things. Trouble is, I'm struggling to find a portion size and meal composition that is healthy, keeps me full but not too full, can be made in advance and packed, and lasts 3 or so hours before the hunger returns... and while I've manged to stop the unintentional weight loss, I'm doing it by adding in food that I really shouldn't be eating.

Yesterday I e-mailed a few nutritionists to set up consultations. I've decided that I need help with this.
  19. Dancer51

Dancer51 New Member

That's good to consult nutritionists. I did when I first changed my diet, but be cautious because they may try to sell you on all kinds of supplements. I pack dried fruits sometimes, but mostly a nut/seed mixture from Whole Foods,fresh veggies, Bolthouse Green Goodness and stove popped popcorn. I munch/graze all day and am never "hungry" because like you said, that is when we make bad choices.
  20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Starting this week to switch my gym routine to do more core work and a bit less arms/legs. The core work is already showing major improvements, and my right knee has been grateful for a bit of a break.