Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea....I don't get my undies in a twist over the artificail sweetener issues...b/c I don't do any sweeteners, artificial or otherwise...for me, it is strictly about what will get my blood sugar backin line...clementine would be perfect

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Aspartame is not the problem. It's sorbitol or sucralose these trick your pancreas into secreting unnecessary insulin. For carb repletement after a work out u use 180 calories of juice to kill cravings and partially replete glycogen stores quickly still in major negative calorie balance. Add a boost of caffeine before training and you burn even more

3. Mr 4 styles

Orange juice. Not grape btw

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Chocolate milk is a very popular post-workout drink among runners. It's not so great from a minimizing-calories sort of way, but it actually a really nice carb-protein profile as a recovery drink.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I was able to do 5 walk-run intervals tonight. They were pretty slow, but I did them. And there is very little heaviness in my throat right now. Maybe I'll be all right after all.

6. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

One of these days I'll teach myself that potato chips and ice cream are not a real dinner. Tonight was not that night...

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I did 6 walk-run intervals and tried to speed up just a little bit tonight. It jarred the neck/throat just a little, so there's a touch of heaviness now. But I don't think it will last. I would have been really disappointed if I hadn't reached 5 intervals by the end of August, and I would have been thrilled if I'd reached 10. So, I'll take 6, and just keep working at it.

8. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Anyone else struggle with carb love....I try so hard to stay away from white carbs, but I swear I could devour a loaf of French bread dipped in olive oil...

dancelvr and mindputtee like this.
  9. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Yes. My mom made a basil cheese bread when I was home this past weekend; I may have finished half the loaf solo and currently be craving more (I'm sadly 1000 miles away now).

10. fascination

your food journal indicates that you have no real issue

11. sbrnsmith

I try hard to eat healthy and incorporate fruits, veggies and protein in my diet.... Doesn't mean I don't have those cravings... I know if was just eating carbs uncensored, I would weigh 5-10 lbs more. I was simply asking if others have the same issues.

12. fascination

I think most anyone who isn't in a coma has a crave for carbs on occasion....carbs provide energy...you can't get a decent workout without enough stored energy

danceronice likes this.
  13. sbrnsmith

The right carbs such as whole wheat pasta and brown rice.... I was speaking more of simple white carbs that don't give much nutritional benefit

14. fascination

all carbs provide energy...I am fully aware of which ones are and are not hutritional...which is separate from whether or not they are craved or provide energy...yes, people crave them ...as I am sure you know...as a physician

15. sbrnsmith

This was not to get into an argument....it was a simple statement.... Asking if others have the same cravings.... Obviously anything I say will be argued and held against me, so maybe, I should stop posting

16. fascination

:rolleyes: seriously?...no one disagrees with you....just noted the obvious....that most people are going to occasionally crave carbs...but if you want to feel persecuted, knock yourself out

17. sbrnsmith

Yup. Seriously. It's obvious you have a problem with me. I'm not going to stop posting because of that.

18. fascination

I don't care if you post a thousand times a day...but if you want to go off topic into persecution fest, kindly take it to staff mailbox....now back to diet and exercise...

19. sbrnsmith

Im not in any persecution fest.
    Simply asking if others have carb cravings, which I feel is appropriate in this thread, where we are all talking about diet and exercise.
    I have no idea what is a 'staff mailbox'
    I believe the food journal is a non judgemental way to post our food intake for the day. I'll let everyone decide if your response by saying ' I have no real issue based on my food journal" was appropriate.

20. Mr 4 styles

I dont have carb cravings........... Honest I replete my glycogen post workout with orange juice.. But i have never craved bread or pasta even as a young person so i think im just programmed that way.. Now protein on the other hand.. Id eat a horse if it was cooked correctlyo_O