fake tan and make up again

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Kitty, Dec 28, 2005.

1. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I like Urban Decay Primer Potion for eye primer. I don't find a foundation primer necessary, but I think girls with oily skin would get the most benefit from it?

Lashes: Ardells from the drugstore, with Duo glue.

Liner: I sometimes use liquid, sometimes use gel. I think they're both great for a precise, dramatic, dark look. Revlon's liquid is nice and L'Oreal's HIP gel/cream liner is great. The factor that might help you decide is whether you prefer using a pen versus a brush.

Eyeshadow: NYX (both palettes and loose pigments) and L'Oreal HIP.

NARS's blush is great. You could also consider a cream blush, I use NYX's.
  2. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

What about powder, conceler, and brushes?
  3. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

For lip stuff, I actually recommend lip stains. They're made by CoverGirl, N.Y.C., and Revlon. The colors kinda seep into your lips and last ALL day and never come off.

Concealer - my favorite is Maybelline FIT. Goes on beautifully and doesn't really budge after a long day at work.

Brushes - depends how much money you want to spend. I have a bunch of e.l.f. brushes and they work fine. I also have a fantastic Sonia Kashuk brush (from Target, they cost 7 or 8 bucks more than elf, but they're great). And then there's the line of Sigma brushes, which I hear are every bit as good as MAC's, but don't cost anywhere near as much...there's a brush line called Real Techniques that I hear is AMAZING, and the brushes don't cost more than $10 each. But if you've got the money to spend, EVERYONE trusts brushes from MAC.
  4. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

tr
    try beach bum, if you get a package it is less than 40 per visit, I use the indian summer and a little of the next shade mix, comes out nice and even, last 4-5 days
  5. alexandrahweis

A few products left to decide on. If you could suggest brands for each product I would really appreciate it.
    I still need...a cool toned taupey eye shadow. A white shimmery eye shadow. False lashes. Powder highlighter(must be very light) shimmer powder(white) and a white pencil eyeliner.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I like HIP for loose shimmery eye shadow in white, they also have the pressed shadow in taupe...stays on
  7. alexandrahweis

8. fascination

you can find it in any drug store
  9. alexandrahweis

10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I like my NYX loose powder pearl white. It's a little bit of a pain to use because you have to tap some out somewhere and then pick it up from there, but it's got a nice white shimmer to it. False eyelashes I use ardell, they have a nice variety of styles.
  11. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I like the Ben Nye white shimmering eye shadow, also the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on shimmering eyeshadow pencil in white, both are very easy to use. I also agree ardell has very nice selections for false lashes, quite natural looking, not as nasty as the huge ones bought from comp but serves purpose.
  12. alexandrahweis

Thank you both
  13. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

No matter what eyelash i use (usually Ardell) i still stick with DUO glue. I've tried a few other brands and Duo has always been my fave. However for those who have an allergy to latex, you'll need to find a substitute.
  14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

long time no see miss silly!!
  15. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Hahah i've been a busy little bee :cool:. LOL my comment about duo reminds me of the dos equis commercials.

I don't always wear eyelashes, but when i do, i glue with DUO.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

LMAOOOOOOO TFF
    thats a good one
  17. alexandrahweis

does anyone have a suggestion for ultrawaterproof mascara and a highlighter, also any brow tips?
  18. fascination

no one could possible sweat more than I do...I use use the regular maybelline waterproof ...pink bottle with green wand
    jiwinco likes this.
  19. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I like to use the following (keep in mind I'm naturally darker/medium skin tone, thanks to my Native American heritage):

face: Revlon Colorstay foundation. To me, it works better than several higher end brands that I've tried. This stuff doesn't budge and it comes in both an oily/combo and dry skin formulation. LOTS of colors too which is nice if you have darker skin. I also use a translucent HD face powder by Make-Up Forever which I love. It feels like silk on the skin.

eyes: I usually go to the same 2 or 3 looks for eyes, depending on if I'm dancing smooth or rhythm. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion under every time and my shadows don't budge (and I sweat alot so that's saying something), MAC shadows, Milani has nice shadows, a few NYX shadows, Urban Decay and NYX glitter liners (I will use glitter liners in place of actual glitter. It is sooooo much easier to use. I just dab some over the lid area and pat around with a ring finger. Voila! Gitter lids with no mess). I use Maybelline Studio Secrets gel liner. I love this stuff and the brush that comes with it is actually not too bad. I prefer a small angled brush but this would work if say... you forgot your eyeliner and had to run to the drugstore lol. I use Ardell lashes and Duo glue (in the dark tone). I also use MAC kohl pencil in white for my water line and between the wings of my liner. If I want a really strong definition, I will sometimes use it just under my eyebrows. Then put shimmer white shawdow over the white liner and it stays all day. IMO, the best thing you can do to achieve great eye makeup is invest in some great brushes. They literally do all the work for you and make application a breeze.

cheeks: I LOVE Nars blushes. The colors are fabulous and super pigmented. They last a long time and they have good colors for my skin tone. I also recently found a great cheek highlighter that has been my go to one recently. It is by Urban Decay. It is actually a cream highlighter and I was a little skeptical at first. But it works well and is really easy to apply. It looks beautiful. I also have a mineralized skin finish my MAC that I use sometimes too, but the UD one is easier I think.

lips: I really hate colored lips on me, so this is probably one of my least known areas of makeup. I always wear a nude lip in "real life", either lipsticks or gloss but always a nude or slightly rosy or peach hue. So I have trouble picking brighter lipsticks to dance in. I have had good success with a couple of Mary Kay shades (they look nice and bright but still flatter my skin tone, and they last). I also use Revlon matte and superlustrious lipsticks as well with decent lasting power. I think I will do as suggested above and try some of the lip stains though. I'd like to see exactly what kind of color payoff and selection they have. We'll see how that goes.
    theAnnelis likes this.
  20. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I use L'Oreal voluminous in Carbon Black. It is waterproof and I've never had a problem with it, despite being a copious sweater. For brows, I use a mechanical brow pencil from L'Oreal and then a brow gel to set them. This has also stayed well after numerous face wipes with a sweat towel.