Favorite Waltz Music

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

please read our guidelines regarding links for new members
    And also please read the guidelines regarding questioning moderation in public. That is what the Private Messages to Staff box is for.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it is impossible for me to answer this because there are so many gorgeous waltzes...unfortunately, many of the ones I most love, I don't know the name of because I simply hear them at comps...but I do like Morning Song an awful lot

3. XikkixX

XikkixX New Member

Ok, I'll see, by the way tell me your favorite Waltz song of all time please

4. XikkixX

XikkixX New Member

You CAN'T tell us that you don't know the name, fascination. That sounds strange...

Ok, I'll check the song out, by the way could you guys give me a true "A daisy in December" song please? Because I got two songs and they're completely different so I'm just confusing right now...

5. XikkixX

XikkixX New Member

I found a song in Casa Musica - Premium Standard: Ballroom Swing titled 01 - Morning Song (Sw 29). Is that the song you are mention to? It's 4:22 of length

6. ViviDancer

ViviDancer Member

I do have a few favourite songs and obviously a limitless list of beautiful waltz songs I have yet to hear. But my current favourite would have to be Oborozukio Inori by Kiko Makashima. It's a japanese song and it's so beautiful <3

7. XikkixX

XikkixX New Member

I have this song, too, and it's 4:56 of length. How about yours?

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not strange at all. Why would you ever know the name of a song the DJ plays at a comp, unless you already have the song at home?

Personally, my favorite is Secret Garden's "Appassionata."

9. XikkixX

XikkixX New Member

I ask you a question: If you love someone, would you tell me that you don't even know her/his name? That sounds ... oddddd

10. Mengu

Mengu Active Member

We don't usually hold hands with a song, take them out to dinner and a movie, and whisper sweet nothings in its ear. That sounds... odd.

I hear a lot of songs on the radio that I like, but I don't know what the song is. Same thing for dance songs I might here at a comp, or watching a video, or TV show, or whatever. Nothing strange about it.

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I can't pick a favorite, but here are a some I like, and that I've used when I've done party mixes in the past:

- Appassionata
    - Watermark
    - Theme from Romeo and Juliet
    - Ocean Waltz
    - All My Love's Laughter
    - Lasso The Moon
    - If I Were a Painting
    - Moon River
    - Callin Na Guiage Baine
    - Morning Song
    - Theme from The Thornbirds
    - Theme from Shrek Is It You
    - Theme from The Godfather Vito's Waltz

I always smile when I hear Journey's Open Arms and The Eagle's Take It To The Limit played at socials for waltz.

12. fascination

it is what it is...you don't have to believe it or like it...you asked and I answered

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Is this really a difficult concept for you? :rolleyes:

How about I'm on the bus every day, there's a cute girl that sits in a seat in the back; by the time I get on there are no seats left so I have to stand. I see this girl every day, I think she's cute, I like her, but I don't know her name.

Do you love blue skies? Do you know why the sky is blue?

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I supposed it depends on how motivated you are to find out what the title of something is. I only know the names of songs because I have a modest collection of ballroom music, and I've put together party mixes for the studio.

Earlier I forgot to add, I also like Brothers, the theme from Pearl Harbor.

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering.

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Well, if I saw someone I was really interested in, I'd be making it my business to find out who that person is.

17. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Maybe YOU don't ... I mean -- uhhh ...

18. fascination

and if I was in immanant need of a song (or a man) I would ask their name...I have no burning need to POSSESS all of the songs I like so I don't inquire...other waltzes I have on a ballroom laptop that only states the title, sometimes not even correctly, with no info on who it is by....

not irked with you Purr and this isn't address to you, simplytaking off from your analogy.... but I would like to note that it is simply RUDE rude for OP to toss aside someone else's answer as false, without even asking why it is what it is...but I have since discovered that oftentimes people who misrepresent themselves often choose to project similar behavior on others...shrug

19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I understand your point of view. It's all a value assessment to the individual person.

20. ViviDancer

ViviDancer Member

Yup exactly the same! :) Why, is there another version?