Flower boy is not getting any dates from me!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, May 19, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ok get this. Flower boy comes to mow my grass today, and I notice how all the sudden I don't have any television right? First let me tell you that our television cord was out instead of being underground, because we just switched television companies. We have contractors from the television company coming out to fix that for us (maybe sooner than later lol).

So, anyways... I went outside tonight knowing he wasn't coming back to see if I couldn't maybe see what happened, because my brother has taught me a few things since he's a construction guy and was partners with another guy managing a business etc. What happened was flower boy or "the jerk" decided to cut our television cord right smack in the middle, so that he can mow as to which he didn't even think about putting the cord back together before the night was through, which I figured out why myself. He damaged the cord, and now I have to wait to get a new one!

The cord at this point cannot be fixed, because I tried fixing it. I also tried using my computer methods of fixing wires just to be sure I pulled out all of my tricks, and you just can't fix the darn thing. This leaves me without a television all weekend. I am so mad!!! Because to me it's like you don't touch anyone's wires to any house if you don't know what they are! What if the wires were for my electricity or something else lol? Well, you know what I mean! You just don't touch wires on a house period in my book even if you own the house and you don't know what they are!!! (I learned this lesson well lol.)

The television company is going to get a call tomorrow, and I'm not mad at them, because I knew why the wire was out. I am mad at flower boy for not thinking clearly, and for not asking for permission ahead of time before he cut my television cord. You just have to use common sense. If you don't know what you are doing, and you don't plan on coming back that night, then don't start a project that you can't finish! And don't think that you can brake something that you can't fix just because you are desperate to get a job done. That's when mistakes happen. (His father is just like him though. We griped at his father plenty of times when he was building our house. Go figure! :mad:)

So, in conclusion lol, he's not going to recieve any dates from me. I like smart guys not ones that just think they can get the chick because they look good. He's definately not smart even though he looks good. Nope. I'm not going that way. Oh and he's definately not getting paid for this, and my brother-in-law is giving us his old riding mower as to which I will be mowing from now on lol! In other words, like what Donald Trump would say... "You're fired!"

Oh and I didn't know if I should merge this or not with the old thread. It's sort of a new topic in a way. Oh well lol. ;)
  2. africana

africana New Member

I'm sorry but this one has got me just crackin up :lol:

"flower boy"? lol

he was "mowing your lawn"? eh :raisebro:

now you'll "do it yourself"? :lol:

ok i won't go there :p
  3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha... if you read my thread, Would you except flowers from someone if..., then you will know how this all began!!
  4. africana

africana New Member

yes I read some of it...and thought it was too much thinking too soon after dealing/still dealing with a past serious relationship...

but you could let "flower boy" mow your "lawn" without touch the good stuff anymore :raisebro: (hahaa! sorry can't help myself) lol
    don't be too hard on him, maybe he can't help being a lil slow
  5. ssjss

ssjss New Member

Why does to kill a mocking bird come to mind?
  6. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

Sometimes if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself.
  7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well... if he's a little bit slow in that area then... :rolleyes: :p
  8. terremoto

terremoto New Member

No cable - dude that sucks! I feel for you!
  9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I feel you, girl. The guys I've fallen for so far were really nice on the outside, "nice guys", but turned out to be brainless. Which is such an antithesis to all things that are me... I'm baffled. Am I attracted to looks? :shock: Burn her at the stakes!

T_E
  10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Mowing her lawn? Never heard that one before. lol.

Ya know my theory about dating too soon after a breakup? Just make sure you're not dating nice guys. I tend to choose ... what's that term from When Harry Met Sally? ... transitional guys. I know that, after the end of a serious relationship, whoever I'm dating probably won't end up being "the one" (Because of the rebound effect and all my unresolved emotional baggage.) And I'm going to end up kissing a few frogs before I meet a prince. So kiss away. All the sooner to meet your prince. :wink:

Kinda like job interviews. All the job search books tell you to interview as much as you can, so you'll be in top form when you interview for the job you really want.

Maybe dating flower boy a time or two might not be such a bad idea. :idea:

And, btw, are you sure he deliberately cut the cable?
  11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

OMG. Someone who thinks just like I do. SCARY!
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

first of all, do I just not watch enough TV? who is the dude in your avatar? secondly...is it possible that he just accidentally mowed over it then felt like a butthead and didnt want to lose his chance at a date.....its an awfully quick judgement you've made IMO...and i guess as someone who's been married their whole life, my thought is "does the guy have to be that suitable to date once or twice?" I am not sure that every date I would go on if I were single would be an "all bets are off" over something like this...then again, I am not sure I would be looking for Mr Right...just Mr. enjoybale for as long as it lasts...hmmm...must be getting old and cynical
  13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Well this legal eagle thinks this is a case of contributory negligence and i take mower man's side on this ( and playing devil's advocate here;).

If the cable was in a position where he could cut it with a mower then that is really your responsibility even if the cable company who put the cable in are at fault.

regards

Flywheel, Shyster, and Flywheel
  14. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

Interesting to hear an official term for this. I've always felt that you can't hold somebody responsible if they're trying to help you out (free of charge).

If he accidently cut the cord with the lawnmower, I'd understand. But, to purposely cut a cable? That's insane.

The cable company apparently didn't route the cable very well to begin with.

Yeah, it would be wise not to date somebody like this. He might end up being the winner of a Darwin Award one year (and take you down with him!)
  15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

LMAO! *LOVE* the firm name! Now....should she go for punitives?
  16. africana

africana New Member

:lol:

plus the title of the thread from the main page reads "Flower boy is not getting any..."

that's where I lost my way lol
  17. africana

africana New Member

oh yeah, she can let him "mow her lawn" without inviting him "inside the house"

muahaha
    ok no more :p
  18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha! You all are so funny. :raisebro:

GalacticDancer44M - First let me explain that when I found the cable, it was in two pieces. One piece of the cable was by my house, and the other was wrapped around the tree. So, they were deliberately cut and moved, so that he could mow our yard. Secondly, no one had asked him to mow are yard. He just does it and then comes back to get paid for it. It's not like we call him here to mow are yard for us. He started doing this, because his father is making his son earn a living somehow lol. I think that's great of his father actually.

bordertangoman - I can see what you are saying, but it's the mower's job to ask the people of the house first if he can cut any wire period, and if they can't get through then to wait until they can. (His father knows my phone number and my families phone numbers by the way since he was our contractor.) The cable company doesn't put the wire underground until after six weeks, and I could have told flower boy this if he just asked me, or just not do anything at all since he didn't know what the wire was for. And because it was on the ground (on my land by the way), he shouldn't have done anything to it. I could understand moving it or lifting the wire to get underneath of it, but never do anything to damange someone else's property period.

Now, I have to get a new wire on Monday, and I have to wait six more weeks. And legally, it's not my fault or the cable company's fault, because it's all in legal writing when you sign up with the cable company despite what you say about it not being the mower's fault. And there are other options that he could have done besides this, like there are smaller mowers that you can use, or again he could have just waited. He didn't need to mow right then. You don't have to use the biggest mower out there, which he does, because that's what his father owns. He would have been fine with a push mower instead or something else that's easy to maneuver, or just avoid that area completely.

fascination - Are you serious lol? You don't know who is in my avatar? MQ I don't know what to do about fascination. You don't know how I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes at you right now lol. Seriously though. The guy in my avatar is Max from DWTS! I can't believe you didn't know this lol! Maybe you don't watch enough television lol! ;) Although, wait... can I have his picture in my avatar? ;)
  19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

S, I'm afraid I'm with fascination on this. Although he ought to ask first, he's trying to do you a favor. And yes, most likely he didn't see the cable and ran over it with the lawn mower. How many of us check our yards for loose cables before we mow? :p And anyway, I'm damn tired of cable companies that don't lay their cables properly (there you go, MQ ;) ). Around here, the cable people are notorious for going to a house under construction and just stringing the cable across the bare lot, assuming that the sod will cover it up. Well, even if it does, the sod's only a couple of inches thick. So the first time the poor homeowner goes to install some foundation plants at that corner of the house, he accidentally cuts it with his shovel. And then the cable company tries to charge him to fix it, even though it's on their side of the service entrance and they are legally responsible for not laying the cable per code.

And IHMO none of this has anything to do with whether or not you should date him, one way or the other. :D He does sound socially awkward, though. If you are interested, I'd recommend getting "acclimated" first before going any farther. That's if you are interested. If you're not, don't feel obligated.
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well I thought it was max but it also looked like another pro I know and I couldn't tell b/c the hair doesnt show well.....my humblest apologies, most especially to the queen