Flower boy is not getting any dates from me!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, May 19, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Not if the guy is hard to read lol! ;)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm such a snob. I couldn't bring myself to read either one. lol.

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh you should! The one book was such fun. I really did enjoy reading it! ;)

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

even less reason IMO...

5. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

In my opinion, if you'd like to ask a guy to go out to eat, then either express that you'd like to treat him or simply go out as friends and pay dutch (up front). I've had a few women ask me out to dinner and then just sit there when the bill comes and expect you to pick it up (which I do, then never accept another one of their offers to go out to dinner! lol). If I ask someone out, I expect to pay. I've only had a couple of women insist on paying (if they asked) and I think that shows class. I always would recriprocate on another day. One lady who asked me out for months (and I politely declined, until one day I accepted) had 3 times the money I have and picked out a fine restaraunt, then left me with the $150 tab. The first few times I took her out and gladly payed, but then lost respect/interest in her. This time she was the pursuer, but wanted to continue to believe she was the pursuee. She still was baffled when she called me afterwards and expressed an interest to do this again. I simply said, "no thank you". If I was interested in her, I would. Incidently, she was very attractive, had alot of brains and was very interesting, but came off to me as a complete taker. (So, if you want to ask him out to dinner, I'd suggest separating yourself from the average woman and offer to treat him.) He'll more than likely will out treat you the next time. I'm guessing that the same concept of seducing somebody who may not be initially interested in you would work for either sex. Ideally, the two people have the same level of interest in each other at the beginning, but that doesn't always happen. I guess a woman can turn on her charm and hope the guy falls for her and then asks her out. Otherwise, if she still insists on being with this guy, she's going to have to romance him. And I don't mean offering up sex. He'll either reject it or you could just end up being a short fling. (which, maybe that's all you may want). But, if you show him you care about him and are a supportive partner, he may start taking a closer look at you as a potential long-term partner. Just my non-professional opinion! :)

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep...I think I would steer clear of someone who is primarily interested in being pursued....it shows a tendency toward neediness....and expectation....don't get me wrong, we all need a certain amount of attention directed toward us from time to time, but that sort of sudden shift that you describe Galactic, is a bit alarming...not to mention disrespectful

7. GalacticDancer44M

It took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together, but at least I'm still learning! lol

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Wow! That's some really good advice. I always love your answers though, because you are so thoughtful. Thanks. That makes complete sense! ;)

9. GalacticDancer44M

This forum is like an extended family to me and I've gotten alot of good tips and advice from here (I always appreciate reading my DF sister's take on issues), so I try to give an honest perspective that hopefully may help someone else out too. Good luck with your man!

Just avoid that book called "The Rules" ! Parts of it are fine, but the overall trickery is not a good foundation to build a relationship on, IMO.

10. pygmalion

Did you ever see that Viveca A Fox movie? Oh goodness! I can't remember what it's called. Oh yeah! Two Can Play That Game.

A very interesting take on the game-playing that goes on in dating. -- Very interesting.

My take? The rules almost always apply, until you meet somebody you really care about. And, when you meet somebody who's potentially "the one," toss the rules out the window as fast as you can, before somebody gets hurt. lol.

11. GalacticDancer44M

I wrote it down and will have to rent it someday soon. Sounds like it would be good.

12. pygmalion

Even if it's not a good movie, Viveca A Fox is a hottie. Definitely worth the rental fee. lol.