Flower boy is not getting any dates from me!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, May 19, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

also it may be that he has seen it many times and the mower has always cleared it just fine and it just recently popped up worse....I have been the person who mows the lawn for our family for the last 20 years and we have a cable in the back yard which is exposed which we keep meaning to make time to whine to the cable company about...but anyway, the mower clears it...still, someday I expect it might not...the only thing that would make this a factor for me with the guy was if you knew he knew he did it and he never found the courage to fess up...THAT MIGHT be an negative indicator for me...still I might shamelessly use his body once or twice first..kidding, kidding

2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I don't know how you can't see the cable. It's a thick bright orange cable, and it's on top of our ground. None of it is hidden, because it's not underground yet. I mean I can even see the cable from inside my house when I look onto my deck. It's not like he can't see the cable unless he's completely blind as to which then he shouldn't be mowing at all lol. And I know he's not blind. Although, at this point, he needs to probably think about getting contacts! And he didn't mow over the cable. He deliberately cut the cable, which is why I found the two pieces completely separate from each other. I was like what in the world.

Oh you can bet that I'm charging him to fix my cable if they charge us. Actually by that I mean that he just won't get paid for whatever it costs to fix it.;)

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Orange? Are they running fiber to your house :confused: OK, I guess that should have been seen. I've never seen coax in orange. Just fiber :shock:

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! Nope. It was deliberately cut. I know you think I'm being hard on him. But I saw the cord in two pieces. One was wrapped around my tree, and the other was close to my house. The two had been separated on purpose. If they were close together like you know if he would have left the cords alone, then I would have been easier on him, because then it looks like an accident. And you would think that if he didn't do it on purpose, then that would be an easier way for him to fess up instead of having to call his father to tell him what he did. I wouldn't have cared if it was by a note even just something to tell me he messed up. To me if you make a mistake then you should apologize for it, but that's how I was raised. I understand how if you don't thnk that you are in the wrong then you wouldn't apologize right away, but in this case... it was obvious he was in the wrong no matter if he says he did it by accident or not.

And I understand what you are saying about you being a mower etc., but see... that's your yard. If you mess up then it is your fault lol. However, flower boy was on our yard as to which he did damage to. That's a different situation all together. What flower boy did would be like me doing construction on someone's house and not fessing up that I had made my dimensions wrong then having them finding out later what I had did instead of just telling them the truth.

Oh and I had to tease you about Max! I don't know what other pro he looks like, but it was kind of funny since all I talk about is Max and his cute tushy! ;)

5. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Honestly, I don't know a lot about outside television cables. And I don't like to mess with television cables outside the house. What my brother has taught me has been very limited, because he only comes home so often. So, I know a few things like how to run television cable from the attic to each of the rooms etc. that type of thing. I know how to set up everything when it comes to television and stereo lol! Oh and I also know how to set up my telephone system from the wires outside the house to the wires in each of the rooms. I even know how to install dimmer switches now lol! I like that type of thing, but what I don't know... I know not to mess with, especially when you are dealing with wires lol. I know better than that! ;)

6. africana

africana New Member

maybe he's just trying to get a rise outta you since ever since you dissed his flowers :raisebro: could be trying to get you out of the house to TALK to him haaha then he'll apologize

flower boy might be smarter than you think ;)

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! You are hilarious! And you know that the thought actually crossed my mind too! But he's not that bright considering that the cable guy is here already (didn't have to wait until Monday like what I thought), so the problem will be over by the time he gets the nerve to talk to me lol. ;)

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh you would not believe this! Ok, so, the television guy is over, because I had my cable come back on today. And low and behold... flower boy turns up when the cable guy is here asking to get paid for his work! Of course the cable guy knows what happened to the cord, because he just fixed it, and he is just shaking his head, because he's standing right behind flower boy.

So, I make up the excuse, well... since it's really my mom's vacation house... I think that she wanted to pay you in June when she comes to visit for the summer lol. I was pissed at that point even though believe it or not people, I was nice to the guy. Can you believe the nerve? And... and with the cable guy here in his presence knowing full well what flower boy did, flower boy still didn't apologize for anything!

Hmm... well... the great thing is that my instructor invited me to the dance tonight. So, I was looking all pretty in my makeup and things getting ready for it, so at this point I hope that flower boy picked up that he doesn't stand a chance with me... ever! You men!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

9. africana

africana New Member

oh well, you may have dodged a bullet...everything is too much trouble when it comes to dudes anyway...

next thing is to confront/explain to him if/why he's won't get paid (or get the cable $$ deducted from his fee)

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

At least he didn't ask you over to his house to watch TV... :rolleyes: :raisebro: :shock:

11. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

I guess we all have to suffer now, because of Flower-boy. Better be nice to your instructor tonight!

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

What is that saying... it only takes one to mess it up for the rest of the group lol! Just kidding. No... I don't hate you men. Although, I do tend to blame each and every one of you when something goes wrong in my life when it comes to men lol!;)

13. GalacticDancer44M

Well at least your honest! :)

14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

while reading this thread and jumping into the gutter with some of you about "mowing the lawn", this amusing picture I found last year came to mind:

Attached Files:

15. ssjss

ssjss New Member

Still trying to keep my little comments to myself. It can be so hard sometimes. Glad to see I'm not the only one thou.

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

OMG! EWE! Not with flower boy! EWE! ;)

17. GalacticDancer44M

The nice part of mowing the lawn is you can finish with kissing the ground you walk on.

18. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Agreed, MQ. But I didn't start it. :lol:

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

On my second (or is it third? ) reading, I guess I have to say something. Pooh! I hate having to say something. lol.

In my mind, thinking or even talking about sex or sexuality isn't necessarily "in the gutter." Sex is a fact of life for most animal species, and, IIRC, human (homo sapiens) is the only species that has sex for recreational purposes. So talking about it, in a mostly-tasteful way? Eh. It's just a part of life, IMHO.

That said, a lot of people aren't overly comfortable with the imagery conjured up by the phrase (or the associated photo lol) mowing the lawn.

So...

Let's have fun. But, while we're doing that, let's consider other peoples' value systems and comfort levels. Okay? :cool: