Flower boy is not getting any dates from me!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, May 19, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

come hither...bats lashes...

(er....hi wife, whom he loves very much)
  2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I know I know of Bob. He was on some talk show wasn't he? :D
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Well, we'll just ignore her for the time being. After all, she's just the person who started this thread. :p Although I will have to say up front that I tell this tale only under protest. The material is PG-13 rated, and the squeamish should turn away from their computer screens now. :cool:

Background, just in case S is still watching: The Newlywed Game was a game show that ran from about 1966 to 1973. The game took several couples who had been married a year or less, split them up, then asked them individually to predict how their spouses would answer certain questions. Bob Eubank was the host, chosen specifically to put a veneer of respectability on the establishment. Which was a good thing because the questions were, shall we say, rather leading concerning certain activities that couples do together. Since this was back in the days when young marrieds were expected to at least maintain a facade of pre-marital chastity, embarassment and hilarity often ensued. (And as we've since learned, most of the best bits didn't get past the Standards and Practices people of the day...)

But one of the questions led in a direction that I don't think the even the most salacious of the staff writers intended. The question, poised to the ladies, was: "What will your husband say is the most unusual place you've had sex?" Now, I'm sure the writer intended that the word "place" would refer to a location -- a room, a top of a piece of furniture, some such. Unfortunately, one young bride took the word "place" to refer to a bodily orifice. Somehow she was immediately put in mind of one not primarily thought of as a sex organ, and responded with such... :shock: Needless to say, that bit did not make air at the time. Eubank apparently forgot about it, and then years later when the rumors started, he denied that it ever happened. But about two years ago, Ben Stein's production company was putting together a series of game-show blooper reels, and someone on his staff digging through old tapes came up with the raw footage. They aired it, uncensored, on a GSN special last year. :raisebro:
  4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, I was born after that show, but I do remember watching that show when it was on reruns! It was hilarious! I knew that I knew of his name, but I just couldn't picture what show he was on lol.
  5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Like a moth to a flame... and don't worry, DW will take care of it for you! ;)
  6. fascination

oh yes, I doooo remember the newlywed debacle now...yes yes yes....

as for your DW....well ha...beat ya to it...lol
  7. fascination

and it twern't in the bedroom...;)
  8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm not one for kiss and tell either, but I will brag if a guy takes me on a romantic date! What.... it makes the guy look good if I brag about him! ;)
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Bare floor FTW!
  10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

pinched it from the Marx brothers.

The principles of legal action are:
    1. Sue everyone
    2. Especially the ones with most money.
    3. make sure you have two firms of lawyers so you can sue the other company when they don't get it right.
  11. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

The gag order still applies
  12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

All I can say is ewe lol!!! I didn't see this until now lol. ;)
  13. fascination

agree...the details are secret
  14. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Ok ... honest though. ;)
  15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

This is true. If they find out that you told people about them, then they might start telling people about you! So yeah, I can see what you are saying lol!:p
  16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What gag order? I'm so confused! :doh: :lol:
  17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

And I was told I was the sheltered one lol?:uplaugh:
  18. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

:)
  19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

lol. I'm not sheltered. Just too lazy to go back and read through a couple of pages of posts.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that what I said a couple pages back had no influence on said gag order. I was just speaking for myself. :cool:
  20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah whatever. Excuses... excuses!!! :roll: