Flower boy is not getting any dates from me!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, May 19, 2006.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

If you're anything like me, he's either an emotional clone of the ex who broke your heart. Or he's so unlike the ex that you'll never want to be with him. We're talking strictly transitional, at this point, unless you're totally unlike me.

2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I actually agree with you. I have taken my time. Of course it's been a good year though, but still... it was better for me to do this so I don't hurt anyone in the long haul of things. ;)

3. pygmalion

Exactly. :cool: :friend:

Go knock 'em dead, my friend. :D

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That's true. He's actually very different than my x even though he looks somewhat like him now that I think about it lol. But personality wise is just a major difference that I'm not sure actually if I'd date him or not. Meaning he's so incredibly nice that I'd almost be too afraid to hurt him. Of course getting the date actually has to happen first lol. But it's kind of nice thinking that way again even if he is transitional.

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I'm with africana on this one.

(DP, didn't you already quote her before? :roll:)

Ayuh, and I did it again. ;)

(Oh ... I get it! :cool:)

6. DancePoet

Don't try too hard, it will happen with time. Focus instead on what went wrong and try to find a way to avoid it the next time.

Try asking him?

And don't forget to see if you can flirt a bit, and who knows ... maybe he will ask you.

Otherwise, try asking him?

(DP, you are repeating yourself again.)

Ayuh, sometimes repetition teaches. ;)

7. DancePoet

I'll second that.

8. DancePoet

If would haves, and could haves, and should haves were money, we'd be rich.

Just flirt some more, have a date/dance in mind, and do it.

9. DancePoet

Hmmm ... but if you are still "in love with him" it would seem some more time and effort spent on yourself could be a good idea. ;)

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah but is it love though, or is it something else? Because maybe it's not even love at this point and that it's just being lonely or what have you and then what? I mean could what I be thinking is love when it could be something else and then if it is something else, am I wasting my time on what I think is love?

11. DancePoet

Huh???

Different but looks the similar, nice yet don't want to hurt him, transitional??? :roll:

(DP, have some patience. The lady could still be trying to heal from her last relationship.)

Ayuh, that's obvious. The question is whether or not she is learning more about herself before plowing into another relationship when she feels she would likely hurt the "nice" guy.

I'd say stay away, focus on yourself first, and heal some more.

(So, DP, maybe your earlier advice about asking isn't a good idea?)

Probably not. :oops:

12. DancePoet

Maybe these are more reasons why you need to focus on yourself first, and then worry about dating later. ;)

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

But have I analyzed this so much that I don't even know what's what any more? ;)

And why do I feel like I am I sounding like Carrie on Sex and the City lol? :D

14. DancePoet

Well ... I know a good counselor that might be able to help you sort things out a bit better then they apparently are now. ;)

15. ssjss

ssjss New Member

Stop
    breathe, life is going to go on. Nice guys get hurt all the time. It's part of becoming a man and life. So don't worry about hurting him. Just be honest with yourself and live before it's to late.

16. pygmalion

Because, fictional or not, she spoke some necessary truths for men and women in transition between relationships? (IMO, there's a darn good reason why the show was so highly rated. It's because Carrie spoke the truth. Her truth, maybe. But her truth was the truth of a lot of 30-something singles. I can relate to that. So can a lot of other people I know. :idea: :cool: )

17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Do I want to ask what you mean by this lol? ;)

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yep! I guess I'm one of them lol. It's funny cause I don't think that I talk like that until I go back and read our posts and I'm like, hmmm.... lol! :p

19. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

I've been hurt, and I've been bored. Being hurt is a lot better than being bored. (who said "the only dances I regret are the ones I sat out"?)

20. DancePoet

Only if you want to ask. ;) :cool: