food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

or a cocktail...

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I'd have to nurse that all night long...not a problem mind you

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

They go down easily for me, though I will brew some with chili to give it the proper heat of a nightcap...

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yesterday and today:

Cottage cheese for breakfast.
    Lunch--mixed greens and baby spinach, with walnuts and greek dressing; one of DH's 18-hour BBQ ribs.
    Dinner yesterday was some veggie curry I split with DH. Today, who knows?! :)

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I'm stuck at cottage cheese for breakfast, Blergh! *shudder*

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Eh. You get used to it after a while. I used to hate it...until one day I had a craving for it. I've liked it ever since. Strange. (The same thing happened with meatball sammiches and grits.)

Just focus on the ribs. DH smoked them for about 14 hours, and then grilled them nice and low for several more, basting them the whole time. So good. (But very piggy tasting. I don't think I've ever encountered pork that tasted so much like...well, pig.)

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with a bit of sausage mixed in, and an orange. Lunch: Chicken teriyaki salad and a handful of baby carrots. Dinner: Pecan-crusted baked chicken with a frozen green bean casserole.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

husbands homemade chili
    carrots and hummus
    clementine orange

can of root beer (I almost NEVER drink soda, but I was at a meeting all evening in a buliding that had one soda machine and no water fountian :( )

9. cornutt

No water fountain? Wow.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a banana. Lunch: Soup and mixed fruit. Dinner: Stir-fry with sausage and mixed veggies, over brown rice.

10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I just had toast and Marmite for dinner, and a Cutie orange (I like those, easy to peel.) Had my lasagna (I had the no-boil noodles, so I decided to get spinach, mushrooms, had some onions I needed to use, ricotta and fesh mozz and use them up) for late lunch, so I suppose this is more evening snack.

11. fascination

egg sammich and raspberry yogurt, coffee
    brisket tacos, tortilla soup, margarita
    leftover black beans and rice, water

12. cornutt

Breakfast: Yogurt with fruit. Lunch: Met some friends at Logan's, where I had the pick-three appetizer with potato skins, cheese sticks, and buffalo tenders. So much for the diet. Dinner: punishment salad. Very small slice of going-away cake for the two instructors who are moving away.

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hehe!

14. Larinda McRaven

spinach feta watermelon salad
    apple
    banana
    avacado
    greek yogurt with cacao and stevia

15. cornutt

Breakfast: slice of bacon, crisp. Lunch: leftover vegetable stir-fry and a cup of applesauce. Dinner: half of a leftover chicken breast and some frozen vegetable-pasta mix.

16. fascination

eggs, turkey bacon
    curried chicken salad, with carrots, raisins, cashews and green onion, unsweet tea
    korean sliders....moscato

17. Larinda McRaven

cucumbers and tomatoes with hummus (spicey this time)
    bananas, blackberries, apples, and grapes with greek yogurt and a touch of stevia
    apricots with a dollop of goatcheese with basil, topped with an almond and drizzle of honey

18. cornutt

Breakfast: Banana and oatmeal. Lunch: chicken sandwich. Dinner: taco salad (homemade, natch) with lettuce, ground beef, scallions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and a few tortilla chips.

19. fascination

cantaloupe, 2 pieces of jalapeno, mushroom, gorgonzola pizza, chicken teriyaki

20. Larinda McRaven

chicken pot pie
    popsicle
    apricots
    broccoli
    greek yogurt