food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Skipped breakfast.
    French onion soup for lunch and mini street style tacos with rice and black beans for dinner
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

lettuce and cucumber with oil and vinegar
    kozy shack tapioca

(spent the day at the hospital with my grandma who has bronchitis, ate in the cafeteria, the food choices are terrible!)
  4. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Tell me about it. I eat at the hospital cafeteria all the time. Still lucky to have some healthy choices like hummus and salad. But other choices are burgers, pizzas and fatty entries.
  5. Larinda McRaven

It was full of parfaits and hot dogs. I was so confused.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

half an orange, coffee

potato soup, handful of wheat thins, iced tea

bowl of pasta and vegetables w/ 3 freshly grilled shrimp, gin and tonic...

started driving at 6 am today, spent 2 hours in the sun after I got here, not sure I am going to make it til 6 pm before I crash
  7. Larinda McRaven

8. fascination

thanks...i am looking forward to it...it has been a while
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Ack...did you know that's a kissing cousin of MSG? Just FYI...

<<heading back into lurk mode, now... :) >>
  10. Larinda McRaven

kombucha
    2 strawberries from the garden
    tortilla chips and salsa
    cottage cheese
  11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Yesterday: a cup of Greek yogurt, raspberries, a bowl of "nutty nuggets" (local generic of grape nuts) and peanut butter and jam on white toast for dinner. After the stomach flu the day before (where I managed to keep down a lime popsicle, a bowl of rice cereal, and a peppermint ice-cream cup between long naps) that was quite an improvement.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I've been thinning my lettuce, and monitoring my tiny tomatoes (a variety from Pine Tree Seeds called Matt's, that yield TEEENY cherry tomatoes you can pop by the handful), cukes and eggplant have blooms. I was GOING to make spaghetti sauce with canned tomatoes (only kind I'll eat besides that particular variety) and my globe basil, IF THE STUPID FOUR-LINE BEETLES WILL LEAVE ME ANY BASIL. *RAGE* (I'm going to try the Ivory-soap spray thing as I don't like using pesticides on plants I intend to eat, though with my roses I will terminate with extreme prejudice and rose chemicals. But these stupid beetles are on EVERYTHING. My star of astras, my coneflower, my lettuce, every herb except the chives and Welsh onions....they aren't even falling for the mint bait this year as normally they'll wipe out mint well before they move on to anything else.)
  13. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Could have been better- chicken, cous cous and corn for lunch, carabas salad and lobster ravioli for dinner.
  14. fascination

several days of food on the road and room service...a penance will have to begin
    Larinda McRaven likes this.
  15. Larinda McRaven

mixed salad of cilantro, mango, red pepper, black beans

2 slices of dominoes and 2 chicken wings

(food on the road sucks!)
  16. fascination

so, okay..well...maybe tomorrow
  17. Larinda McRaven

microwave macaroni
    1 slice of dominoes
  18. fascination

thusfar, dh's leftover dinner of veal with capers over cheese tortellini and broccoli w/sun ripened tomatoes, and pepperoni...yes, I am an awesome cook..unsweet tea, skim milk...thinking dinner will be tomato soup and tuna salad..
  19. Larinda McRaven

Chicken soup
    Matzo ball
  20. fascination

few tortilla chips with chili and cheese, almost broke a tooth on a green olive so that ruined that
    pork stir fry w/ little bit of rice
    coffee, oj, tea, moscato