food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thusfar today; special K "we promise it's uber healthy" breakfast sammich plus two hash brown patties with cheese and sriracha, which I promise is not healthy...pomegranate lychee green anti-oxidant tea

healthy choice baked ziti in a box.....

nap immanant...then off to a much needed workout...planning that dinner will be out of my long neglected garden

2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

A double cheeseburger, a large coke, a whole bag of multi-potato (batata, yarrow, parsnip, sweet potato, etc.) chips, then an Italian roast beef with extra cheese, ruffle potato chips, a large sweet tea, and now, a large bear claw and a large icy coke.

3. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Breakfast ... Multi grain waffles with peanut butter and blueberries
    Lunch ... chili
    Snack... Vanilla yogurt
    Dinner.. Chicken kebabs grilled with peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms, rice with peas and cranberries
    Snack... Strawberries and whipped cream.. Mmmmm...

4. Hedwaite

A bag of mini Milky Way, the dregs of my soda from last night, and potato chips so far.

5. Hedwaite

I can't edit, so I'm tacking on:

A giant steak, baked potato with extra butter, salt, and pepper, and a ton of garlic bread.

6. Hedwaite

A double cheeseburger with ham and horseradish mayo on a pretzel bun, fries, and sweet iced tea. Now, a half a small cheese pizza and a giant coke. I forgot to get the cheese-stuffed breadsticks I was going to.

7. fascination

breakfast; hash browns with cheese and sriracha, coffee
    lunch; tomato soup, unsweet tea
    dinner; salad, wine

8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Breakfast... Waffles with pb and blueberries
    Lunch... Chili, yogurt
    Snack.. Protein bar, a little leftover chicken
    Dinner.. 3 slices thin crust pizza

9. Hedwaite

Half a bag of mixed root chips, a handful of Skittles, and a coke.

10. Hedwaite

The other half a bag of chips, another handful of skittles, a coke, and earlier, a double cheeseburger and fries and a sweet tea. I also now want pizza.

Lioness likes this.
  11. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

You do realize the people who post here who are trying to eat healthy probably want to smack you upside the head...

Hedwaite and dancelvr like this.
  12. Hedwaite

If that's the only reason they can find, then they aren't looking all that hard.

I read somewhere that smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day (my timeline was unclear) were more beneficial than three stark squares. I've tried the uber-healthy food approach and for long periods of time I will do noting but salads and politically correct sandwiches and sometimes that's what I need for that period of time, like staying really busy on the go in hot weather. Then, other times, I need something a little more gravity-friendly, and I'd rather not be hungry, unfocused, and miserable. I'd rather eat junk than drink a lot or smoke, and sometimes our locations aren't knife-and-fork friendly so much as huddle-over-counter-hurry. My goals also differ from someone on a pro-am circuit or shaping up for their close-up.

To be clear, is this thread ONLY for people on a particular plan, or is it for people just documenting what goes in? I wouldn't have walked into an AA meeting with a Colt 45, if I'd been aware. I like to look back and find patterns that correlate with certain events and see if I can find habits that need to continue or break in my regimen.

13. fascination

break fast=tortilla chips and spinach dip, red gatorade and coffee

lunch/dinner.....a lot (a lot) of spaghetti, 2 margaritas

14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Hedwaite...I have used it before for non-healthy things...I don't think it's strictly a healthy thread at all...that's the the exercise/diet support group is for :)

Today so far...2 boiled eggs, salad and ham sandwich x2...to come, salmon and sweet potato...maybe a banana. Not sure yet.

Hedwaite likes this.
  15. Hedwaite

Gotcha. I admit- I don't eat like you guys, and it shows, but I'm okay with it. Whenever I get winded walking from the car into Wal-Mart, I know it's 'Time' to 'Change Things'. I do my exercises and cut back and dance more rhythm/latin. Yikes, does that sound like "Don't worry, man, that's not me- I know when to quit"??

I behaved myself at a buffet. I had a giant salad, ONE pork-loin slab of awesome, and a baked potato. It was a long evening- I needed fuel.

16. fascination

basically carbs, sauce, and dairy

17. Cal

Cal Active Member

A cup of cheerios, yogurt and raspberries, and lots of tea for breakfast
    Way too many black grapes, a box of table water crackers, and lots of water for snack/lunch,
    Salmon, crusted with cous cous and baked, with a drizzling of tomato/olive vinaigrette, over a bed of spinach, with steamed green beans and some roasted vegetables, with a glass of pino grigio for dinner
    Probably lots of chamomile tea before bed

18. fascination

that sounds like a much wiser way to go

19. Hedwaite

Pulled pork, mashed potatoes, and peanut butter M&Ms. Also some fizzy weird immuno boost fruity drink mixed in with water, because it's that season.

20. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Banana, apples with peanut butter, and ham salad.
    Need some carbs before I go for my piercing though...