food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I've just reconnected with an old flame: Whole wheat matzo cracker sheets. LOVE these things.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well...yesterday was just shameful...only two meals...both involving fast food

thusfar today; eggs and ham, a spinanch and cheese sammich on pretzel bread with marinara and a bowl of rosemary potato soup
  3. Hedwaite

More matzo crackers, some beef jerky, and a handful of pistachios.
  4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Today.....huge bowl of ramen noodles after my lesson. Argh. I let myself eat these things about twice a year, 'cause they really aren't good for me....but....YUMMERS! *sigh* Oh yeah.....and some shrimp poppers and club soda for dinner. The diet continues tomorrow.
  5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Coffee, water and fruit for breakfast
    Lunch- turkey sandwich
    Dinner-bowl of chilli
    Snack-almonds and 2 pieces of dark chocolate
  6. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Breakfast: banana chocolate chip muffin (I forgot to set my alarm and woke up with my roommate's alarm 10 minutes before I had to see a patient:eggface:. Managed to be only 5 minutes late but it meant breakfast was coming from the hospital cafeteria where healthy options are limited)
    Lunch: Peanut butter and apple
    Snack: a few almonds, string cheese and some maple candy from when I visited canada this summer
    Dinner: baked chicken wings and zucchini, a little ice cream
    After practice: hard apple cider when the team went out for drinks.
    Gotta start getting back on track with the healthy eating- comp season is coming up soon!
  7. fascination

thusfar today; German Restuarant with dad= Goulash, spaetzle, cabbage, various samples of sausages...coffee b/c if I had a beer I would have fallen asleep
  8. Hedwaite

Before class, junior roast beef sandwich and coke.
    After class, spicy chicken sandwich and ginger ale.
    Snack, yarrow/parsnip/whatever mix chips.
  9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

thursday
    Breakfast: nutrigrain waffles with peanut butter and blueberries
    Lunch: Thai chicken salad
    Dinner: spicy salmon sushi with jalapenos and siracha. A bit of ice cream
  10. fascination

thusfar today...and this will probably be it; no brekkies, poutine appetizer and margaritas, fish tacos, a bite of a brownie with cherries of a friend's dessert
  11. Hedwaite

Too anxious to eat. Bad day with some non-dance factors. I'm not going to binge tonight, but I am going to thoroughly enjoy more tacos than any human needs to consume. Like, three, maybe. And one strong drink, followed by a lot of ginger ale. But hooray, trip weekend.
  12. dancelvr

So, I've been cooking in preparation for my upcoming 'work week' (starts on Sat). As I work 10 hour shifts, I don't care to spend time in front of the stove when I come home.

I was chopping veggies for roasting (potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and rutabagas) when I noticed the LARGE bowl I was putting them into to marinate was getting very full! I WAY over did it. I think I prepped enough veggies to feed 5 or 6 people! Thank goodness that, even as a vegetarian, I kept my large roasting pan.

Between this, and the two soups I made yesterday and froze, I think I'm good to go for work meals until Halloween! :)

Anyway.....today was cheese omelet for breakfast, minestrone soup for lunch, and roasted veg for dinner. Cocktails after.
  13. fascination

I love doing that...which is why I need to learn to can...

as for today: add to previous entry tortilla chips with greek yogurt dip...and am contemplating cranberry wine if I don't start feeling drowsy soon
  14. dancelvr

Canning is really so easy! It's time consuming, but the results are very satisfying. :)
  15. fascination

I needto read uup on it and get cracking...I think it would be a great way to ensure that I eat better
  16. dancelvr

When I had a garden, I canned all my own veggies. Loved it, and really enjoyed my summer garden through the winter.
  17. fascination

that is the direction in which I am hoping to move....still don't have enough time to have a really productive garden ....but do make soups and stews and things with what I grow...and think I would be far better off to make that stuff and can it...as I get home from the gym and am ravenous...and then make bad choices
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  18. fascination

skipped the cranberry wine and opted for fat free cottage cheese...
  19. fascination

box of better cheddars w/sriracha, black coffee(breakfast of champions)
    4 spoonfuls of asian broccoli slaw salad with almonds and raisins, unsweet tea(lunch)
    dinner; 3 ears of COTC, undisclosed amounts of cranberry wine
  20. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Made cinnamon rolls for my husband this morning but ended up eating two myself. Other food today:

Oatmeal and juice
    clam chowder and carrot sticks
    chips and guacamole
    Margarita