food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

kielbasa and quiche
    chicken noodle soup
    taco meat and chips
    coffee, lambrusco, copious amounts of water

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Cheerios and yogurt, tea;
    coffee and slice of pumpkin bread;
    cheeseburger and fries, diet coke;
    crackers and a glass of merlot

3. fascination

quiche and kielbasa
    2 pork tacos
    2 slices of pizza
    a few crackers
    coffee,water, pinot grigio

4. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Biscuits
    Biscuits
    Double chocolate pancakes
    Biscuit
    Pancake
    Olives
    Iced tea throughout

5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

6. Hedwaite

It was a long day. Today, it's taco-time!

fascination likes this.
  7. fascination

thusfar; more leftover quiche and keilbasa from Easter, with hashed browns on the side

3 pieces of a tombstone pizza and few rice crackers with bleu cheese

...and dinner is going to be a pork roast in white wine, and rosemary with potatoes, green beans and celery....dh has bough haagen daas ice cream toffee bars for his birthday which is tomo but we are celebrating today

8. Hedwaite

Tacos
    Bad, bad thing- they put cream puffs and those little chocolate/vanilla plastic ice cream cups in the freezer at Dollar Tree. I can't see this going well.

9. fascination

11...cottage cheese, doritos and dip, unsweet tea...a bunch of supplements
    8p...mrs grass chicken noodle soup, white merlot, motrin

10. fascination

10a cottage cheese, a few pita chips and bleu cheese, tea
    1p camarones diablas, too many margaritas
    8p a can of corn, white merlot and a motrin.....apologizing to my liver for this day

11. fascination

thusfar; 7a feta,spinach omelette, viamin water zero, mint coffee
    2p tuna melt on a bagel, unsweet tea

add turkey chili at 4 and white merlot presently

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  12. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

The most delicious spinach, arugula, feta cheese, cranberries and walnut salad for lunch
    Pecan crusted tilapia for dinner with a glass of red

13. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Big wedding for one of my high school friends this weekend. Lots of people form all over the country in town...
    lots of rather unhealthy food and alcohol.

14. fascination

thusfar just sausage patties and hashed browns at breakfast (with cholula, a1 and sour cream...ooops) and an bottle of unsweet tea and a glass of semi sweet michigan white wine presently (lunch replacement).....and, it's the friday scavenger hunt for dinner...so planning a veggie rice casserole and chef salads for dinner as well as steamed fresh green beans and yellow cake with white frosting and toffee crumbles for dh...that will be around 7

15. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Yesterday was:
    - coffee x2, whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter
    - water, leftover homemade beef and veg stir fry on brown rice
    - more water, chocolate melba toast
    - 2 scrambled eggs with ketchup, toast with jam, kiwi, tea
    - carrot smoothie (from a container - I was lazy), and a bunch of water during class and practice
    - 2 laughing cow cheese wedges, handful of triscuit crackers, more smoothie

This looks like a lot, but I woke up with a bit of a headache this morning - and that generally means not enough food the day before :(

16. Hedwaite

Sorry, double-post stutter again!

17. fascination

turkey taco explosion.....nuff said....also vitamin water zero and unsweet tea....no wine...and no one died of it :)

18. FancyFeet

Saturday: I sleep in later than planned, throwing my meal schedule all off, and making it hard to fit the right amount of eating properly timed around the two 2-3 hour stretches of dance planned - 1 scheduled for the afternoon (lessons and practice), another after dinner (social party, where I help host and therefore dance a lot).
    - Two eggs, half a large tomato, toast, 3 slices turkey lunch meat, coffee with cream
    - Coffee, lots of water, glass carrot smoothie
    - Big salad with grilled chicken breast, baby greens, almonds, peppers and dried cranberries with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing
    - Unsweet yogurt with strawberries, handful caramel popcorn, 1 mini cinnamon roll, water
    - More yogurt, coffee, followed immediately by a glass of wine, and an obscenely large amount of fresh strawberries

Hunger headache continued on-and-off all day, this was also apparently not enough (or not appropriately spaced) food. Sigh.

Also a late night conversation with pros as I'm falling on the strawberries like I haven't eaten in weeks that they are jealous, as they work so hard to drop/stay at weight, and I just, well, don't and appear to still be losing inches. They're actually happy to hear that I have a dr.'s appointment this week where I will be weighed and bloodwork will likely be run. While I keep explaining that this is not abnormal for me when my activity level and corresponding amount of muscle gets really high, they're a little worried. Double sigh.

19. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I am trying very hard to remember something that I read once that had suggestions for what type of food you might need more of based on symptoms (hunger vs. getting light headed, for example). I mentioned it on another thread and the idea is that everybody's "carburetor" works a little differently and needs a different mix. This was said in the context of eating frequent small meals and how to rebalance the content of the meals if what you were doing wasn't working well. Did you need more protein, complex carbohydrates, or (healthful) fats? I'm not going to remember the details…. I think I forgot them once I used the ideas to help figure out what I needed. Sorry!!

20. FancyFeet

No problem... but this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. If you do recall the reference, please let me know. I'm also trying to track down a nutritionist that specializes in sports nutrition to consult with - I eat well, and do the 5 or 6 small meals a day thing, but I apparently still need some help tweaking things :)