food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Oh, I say! :eek: *wades into the white bread debate* I regard white bread as vastly superior for bacon sandwiches and also for toasting with Marmite, but for anything else it just depends on my mood. I do love a PB&J sandwich. :D

Breakfast: coco pops.
    Elevenses: large slice of wedding cake (yes...we're still eating it :lol: ).
    Lunch: Tesco value cheese and onion sandwich on el cheapo white bread. Surprisingly nice! :)
    Dinner: Some kind of veggie burger (I think it was courgette and red pepper) with chips. Highly dubious Australian red wine to go with it.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

doing today now as I hope I am planning on being done eating for the day...

11:30 2 small korean tacos which consisted of spinach, beef, cucumber, and sriracha sauce, deep fried fresh green beans, 2 skinny margaritas

2:30 one korean taco and a side of rice, coffee

3. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Those tacos sound rather nice, Fasc. :D

Breakfast: toast and honey
    Elevenses: One mini shortbread. :roll:
    Lunch: Bacon sandwich with the new Guinness-flavoured brown sauce. Odd. Nice, but odd.
    Afternoon snack/pre-training tea: Smoky-bacon-flavoured crisps, biggish slice of wedding cake and a couple more mini shortbreads.
    Dinner: Leftover pasta followed by two slices of toast, one with Marmite and one with golden syrup.

4. fascination

wed...half a banana, two chicken tenderloins marinaded in jerk sauce, on bread free bread in the morning...coffee w/skim
    cheesy potatoes with hot sauce for lunch, powerade zero
    lowfat cottage cheese at dinner, two glasses of sauvi blanc

5. fascination

thurs...done for the day...my new things is no food past 4

cauliflower au gratin with ham and green beans almondine (dh's dinner leftovers at 730 am

cheesy potatoes and tomato soup with pretzel crackers at noon

coffee, powerade zero, sauvi blanc

6. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Plain baked sweet potato, grilled chicken breast with salsa, and raw broccoli with lime juice, hot pepper flakes and a tad of olive oil. DW got creative with the menu again.

Might become the favorite dinner. Hafta look up the nutritional values and all that.

7. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Ooooooooooooooooh... :D

Breakfast: toast with strawberry jam.
    Elevenses: packet of crisps and a couple of mini shortbreads.
    Lunch: New-York-deli-sandwich-filler sandwich, followed by a small slice of wedding cake.
    Dinner: cheeseburger. I was at the rugby. :lol:
    Nine o'clockers: handful of tortilla chips and a glass of Merlot.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

apple kale cinnamon smoothie
    sliced tomato from my garden, topped with feta cheese, and fresh spinach
    banana cantaloupe from my dads garden (never seen one before, smells good!)
    dried cherries

9. fascination

10...coffee w/ skim and a salad of iceberg lettuce, almonds, cheese, olives and lo-cal italian dressing
    unsweet tea
    6p...2 margaritas and 1/3 of a chicken burrito

10. fascination

8a, coffee w/skim, powerade zero

11 tomato soup, pkg of lemon pepper tuna w/ two pieces of cheese and a few club crackers

7p mexican rice and one taco, one margarita

11. fascination

sat...whole grain rice with cream of chicken soup over it... pretzel crackers and cheese and a few pieces of dh's frozen pizza...mushrooms in french onion soup w/parmesan on top...unsweet tea, reduced cal margarita

12. fascination

fri...fried egg sammich on pumpernickel w/ lowfat miracle whip, Ethiopian food for lunch, subway for dinner

13. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

a mango
    a banana
    4 slices white pizza w feta, mushroom, spinach

14. fascination

sun...

peanuts, banana, coffee,
    tuna w/gardinere on wheat thins, nectarine, unsweet tea,
    pear, ham sammich, white zin

15. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Better get back into this. I'm really trying to do better with food, although it's made harder by the fact that I'm no longer in charge of shopping or cooking. We're gradually learning which things we have to add to the shopping list.

Sunday
    Breakfast: white toast with Nutella
    Elevenses: half a flapjack (friend didn't want it)
    Lunch: Leftover chilli with homemade garlic bread
    Afternoon snack: packet of crisps, chunk of aniseed-flavoured rock and small piece of DP's freshly-made beef jerky :)
    Dinner: Roast pork with veg

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

This might be a hijack, but I thought I'd post it anyway. There's a lot of difference in calorie content and nutritional value of yogurt, of which I eat almost every day for lunch.

Yesterday when I was at Kroger's, I looked at a new variety of yogurt from a national brand. The package looked innocent enough - only 6 natural ingredients. But the third ingredient listed was sugar, and the fourth was corn starch. The yogurt has 200 calories per serving, 24 grams of sugar, and only 7 grams of protein. That's a lot of calories and sugar for a little container of yogurt.

FYI, the yogurt I eventually bought has 80 calories per serving, with 6 grams of sugar and 12 grams of protein.

17. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I've been stuck at the same weight for about a year now (give or take a few pounds here and there at predictable times each month and that's all I'll say about that :)). So in an effort to start losing again, I need to be more diligent. Thanks to this thread, I plan to start recording my food intake. Maybe having it be so public will motivate me. But please don't judge...

9am- Special K protein bar
    11:30- Lean Cuisine spaghetti and non-fat yogurt
    14:00- another special K protein bar
    dinner- TBD

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  18. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

There is. When we were doing our own food shopping, DP and I had the devil of a job finding yoghurts that weren't low fat/sugar free. We both think the low-fat/sugar ones taste 'orrible, but modern Britain seems to be obsessed with them. We obviously need a balance between your country and mine. :)

Today
    Breakfast: white toast with Nutella, accompanied by large mug of black coffee.
    Elevenses: skipped except for a mini gingerbread ghost. That time of year again. :D
    Lunch: Caerphilly and apple sandwich.
    Afternoon snack: packet of crisps, chunk of aniseed rock and another mini gingerbread - a skull this time.
    Dinner: tuna pasta bake with sweetcorn.
    Currently rounding off the day with a cup of Yogi Aztec tea.

19. fascination

unsweet tea, tuna melt, tomato soup, handful of low-fat cheezits.....chablis...5 hours of exercise...scale had better respond appropriately

20. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

8:30- special k protein bar
    11:30- lean cuisne panini and sugar free pudding cup
    14:00- wheat thins
    dinner plans for Subway. Trying to stay around 1400 calories. sigh...