Foot blister

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Lioness, Apr 3, 2012.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I simply don't allow blisters to form....wear your new shoes for 10 minutes the first day and see if there is rubbing, cover that area on your foot with tape and switch back to your old shoes. Next time, cover the area in tape before wearing the new shoes and wear for a bit longer, then switch back to old shoes. Keep increasing the amount of time in the new shoes and stop covering foot with tape when broken in.
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I don't quite know why I got the blister in the first place...I'd worn the shoes for two lessons, and two practises. So a little over 4 hours. Then one practise session...quite a long one, it just started forming.

This is what I ended up getting...works wonders. http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/product.asp?id=53169&pname=Scholl+Clear+Gel+Blister+Plaster+Large+5+

[inactivated commercial link - latingal]
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I suspect it may have been the length of the practice session. *shrug* I like latingal's suggestion. Break shoes in slowly, and tape your trouble spots in the meantime. Also, remember rule number 1 above. She who has the most tape, wins. :wink:

The blister plaster you bought looks like good stuff. :-D Let us know how it works.
  4. angrypig

angrypig New Member

Same thing happened with me and I popped mine with a pin. Then squish all the fluid out and put a band-aid on it. Same thing you can try
  5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi angrypig. Welcome. :-D
  6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL! I like that one!