funniest thing a coach has ever said about your dancing

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 4, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gotta laugh...I have permission to share this by the way...about 4 months ago or so when John Swick was looking at my arm styling on a crossover, he goes....lol..."you you like a da-- chrysler hood ornament"...this just slayed me I thought it was so hysterical and spot on....(he says plenty of nice stuff too, btw)...but there I am standing with both of my arms flung out and way too far back...and well...you had to love it...now bear in mind, I had permission to to share...

so I am wondering have any of you had some funny moments in a coaching you would like to share...you needn't say with whom...in fact that might be preferable ...just thought it might be fun
  2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

ooooo, GOOD thread fasc. GOnna see if I can remember any good ones. :)
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Can I post a "funniest thing a student ever said" quote?
  4. fascination

why not? friendly game
  5. Larinda McRaven

"I can dance it much better when I am sitting because I don't have to listen to the music!"

WHAT? How non sequitur can you get? I laughed out loud so hard at that one.
  6. fascination

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:
  7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahahah, I wouldn't even know what to say to that one. Further proof that pro/buddy teacher/everyone are wrong, and I'm right, that I should NOT be a teacher. :)
  8. Larinda McRaven

It bacame a friendly jab I gave back to her every once in awhile. "Hey dance with her, but make sure she is sitting!"
  9. fascination

and another...I will not out the female coach..."now dear, you must always give the man your left breast"...uh...I looked at pro...turning red....giggle
  10. fascination

uh...but it works
  11. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

How about "Now that was one Vicious Foxtrot" ....not exactly what you want to hear about your foxtrot ;)
  12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, vicious and foxtrot are definitely not two words I like to put together. :)

and wont' touch the other one. Pun not intended, but funny regardless. :)
  13. Larinda McRaven

I think a "vicious foxtrot" would be a compliment.

I got a "Well that was a wee sexy oversway!" once.
  14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

:confused: Left? Mine told me to concentrate on my right boob. The left one doesn't get much attention.
  15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'd think it'd depend. Working with variuos coaches, choreographers, etc, seems to be two real attitudes with foxtrot, either a very smooth more sophisticated dance, or a lot more sexy, fun foxtrot. Depending on hwo's choreographing it, first will be more closed, second more open, though not always. I know parents and friend both commented on that when particular choreographer in our chain did new dances for each of them. He's known for particular sexy/crazy choreography, and he (and the pros in question) all described it as a differnet goal/style (while still being Foxtrot, of course :) ), of foxtrot.

Course, that may just be us in this chain.
  16. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

"I was about to say you could claim I taught you, but then you tried that oversway."
    :)
  17. Josh

Josh Active Member

I will not out this one either, but he always says to my students, in a british accent, "There's a saying in England... always take your left ***** toward the queen in the balcony..."
  18. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Lets just say it was from an English coach with a dry since of humor. She said it in a joking manner of course.
  19. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Any chance you misheard "viscous"? ;)
  20. fascination

well...ahem...I have learned since then the neccessity of not neglecting either...but I was a beginner then and it worked