funniest thing a coach has ever said about your dancing

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 4, 2007.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I have a coach who describes the tucking action of samba in such a way that I cannot write it here because it's a PG site.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Yea, my pro will be showing me something and say "spread your legs" which of course I do, and then he looks at me and says "well that was easy".... :beye:
    MaggieMoves, stash, chomsky and 2 others like this.
  3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

When learning foxtrot I had my coach say something similar to me but it wasn't pg... lol

Though this weekend we had a lesson and the pro said to a couple spots in our cheorography: "That kinda looks like spaghetti"LOL. What he really meant was, that wasn't very clear. Our tango is no longer spaghettified now :p
    latingal likes this.
  4. RumbaLucia

RumbaLucia Member

Foxtrot - "OI MADAM!!! That should be a heel turn EVERY day of the week and TWICE on Sundays!!" !!!

On considering giving us a particularly tough set of Quickstep moves - "Hmmm, I'd better just check my insurance before I do this, because you are going to end up flat on the floor at least once!"

On nearly being swung into the middle of next week when I stopped suddenly in Foxtrot - "Dear God, woman - when you suddenly drop anchor it is like trying to shift the Titanic!"

:eek: lol
  5. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

"you know just enough to be dangerous."
    chomsky, latingal and scullystwin42 like this.
  6. missmimsy

missmimsy New Member

Here are some of my favorites from one of my coaches.

"Pretzels are more malleable than your legs!"

"Girls, you need to do a kinky leg thing."
    Guys start laughing.
    "I didn't mean it like that!"

"This is the pillow meter. Falling asleep on one side, ferocious tiger on the other. I am falling asleep. I want to be eaten by a tiger."

"At the end of this dance, one of you must die."

He stood there staring into space with his thinking face on. Then he looked at me, cocked his head, and said, "Do you want to be the witch?"
    Of course, I said yes.
    cornutt likes this.
  7. LT

LT Member

This reminded me of one I got... coach was trying to get me to relax my legs to work on swinging action... after several attempts to verbally help me achieve this, but not seeing any change on my part, he asks, "Are you relaxed?" I say, "Yes." Then he squeezed my thigh... Then he has a look of surprise and exclaims, "You have thighs of steel!" :oops:

:D
  8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

She turned me into a newt!
  9. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I got better...
    Sania, dlliba10, slhull.13 and 2 others like this.
  10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Did he? ;)
    Sania likes this.
  11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Yesterday's gem:

"Well, if your Viennese is as terrible as your foxtrot, then I'm very happy."
  12. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

About a year late, but I finally watched the movie and understand this quote. ^_^
    j_alexandra and cornutt like this.
  13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

You are screaming at each other, it's time to learn how to talk quieter to each other. (talking about connection)
  14. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Vince Lombardi the famous football coach when a player once suggested that football was a contact sport:

"No. Ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Football is a collision sport."
    twnkltoz and MaggieMoves like this.
  15. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Active Member

During an Argentine tango routine:

"Come closer to me... Now open your legs a bit more." I was already flushed red by the time he started to say, "I wish all women were that easy."

He and I around a lot though.
  16. star savage

star savage New Member

i once went for a free intro lesson with a teacher and we were doing standard waltz and he said "how can someone who is such a good dancer dance so badly?" didn't seem like a smart thing to say to someone who is trying you out! :)
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Referring to my next competition:

Pro: "If you dance at it the way you do here [in lessons], you will be good. Except not last week... that was well..."

Me: "Terrible?"

Pro: (Laughing) "Yes."
    twnkltoz likes this.
  18. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Teacher in a group class who partnered with me briefly to dance a complex cha cha sequence. After my execution was good, he asked:

"Well... how'd I do?"
    twnkltoz likes this.
  19. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Well, regular teacher not a coach, and during a social dance at a party. I somehow not only hit him in the chest on a turn, but caught the placket of his shirt. While I was apologizing profusely he said something sternly that I had to ask him to repeat. I had heard "the number one rule" and "your dance teacher" and thought it was going to be something along the lines of "the number one rule is to not damage your dance teacher." What he actually said was, "the number one rule is to not undress your dance teacher."

I warned a visiting coach that I tend to create new errors on the path of fixing one error even more than most students. After working on something a bit, she said,"Hmm, you really are quite inventive about finding new ways to do something wrong." Later on, she said, "Well, it's good to not try to work on too many things": i.e. one fix was taking a very, very long time.
    twnkltoz likes this.
  20. s2k

s2k Active Member

Two months ago, our new coach upon seeing our cha cha:

"No judge will.... urhm, how you say?...ah, 'appreciate'... that kind of movement in cha cha."

Humiliation level 80 UNLOCKED.
    SDsalsaguy and twnkltoz like this.