funniest thing a coach has ever said about your dancing

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 4, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

try breathing while you do it

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Funny is in the eye of the reader... I immediately had images of Bertie Wooster with his monocle in one eye - which fell out at about the comma. Maybe if you wrote it:

"Ay bet whhimpay, ay'm afrayd' ;)

(yeas, aym from Ingland, don't cha'know)

3. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Really she can say the most direct things and her smile and intonation make it all palatable. A lesson with her is often a mixture of scads of information, a dose of humility, and an episode of "Are you being served?" :)

4. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

"You need to move your head with your body, you look like a chicken!"

After that I decided to stop trying to emulate the pros after watching YouTube videos. :lol:

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Whenever my instructor says "You are so cute!", I know I've done something really stupid. :D

6. fascination

I'd love to have a coach who said that....but yea...there is a certain look that I know is trouble....

7. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

But it's just so hard not to!

Our coaches know us too well now. We'll be working out a routine or amalgamation, one of them will come over, watch us, grin, and say "Ok, where'd you steal that from?"

DP is especially bad about that. She'll call me / IM me with "Ok, so from this, we go into that, then we do this..."

Lots of good stuff on Youtube.

8. tunape

tunape New Member

recently, a very nice and good coach had the habit of saying "good luck" before we try something that she just showed us. It's in a very sweet and endearing way, but the words seem a little bizarre too. :)

9. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I was told that I often dance as if I am reading a technique book at the same time.

10. tunape

tunape New Member

one of my partners was told that she dances like a mathematician. and guess what? She is! ha! :)

11. rjcbear

rjcbear New Member

Cornutt,

I hear that one before and I must tell you you are 100% correct. Blondie has a way to tell you have done something wrong with out saying it.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

"Oooo, that was quite good. We are simulating a different couple."

13. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Other day, last lesson before a party that was going to be putting tables out on the dance floor. Anyway, as they start putting the tables out, they ask instructor, "Will these be in your way?" and he replies, "No, they'll never make it down there, they aren't using their standing leg.":rolleyes:

14. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

15. BM

BM New Member

Context: We're working on Paso shaping and posture. Specifically, keeping the pelvis forward. Every time I appell, I drop my pelvis and lose my posture.

::tries to lead me through part of my routine:: "Darling, whenever you do this," ::mimics my appell:: "I get the feeling you don't like me."

16. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

I got just recently "Well, I think that was ok, I mean, the bits that I could bear to watch"

17. fascination

you ...uh...stunk (think more blunt here)....at the beginning of X comp...but after that you were awesome....

18. fascination

I can't believe you can move that well using your feet like that

19. fascination

then again, neither were particularly funny at the time...;)

20. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

none of these things ever are...at the time...:p