funniest thing a coach has ever said about your dancing

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

Haha this last week my teacher was telling me to step on the balls of my feet well it got shortened and he started saying "step on your balls":shock:. I started laughing but it took him a second before he realized what was so funny.
  2. PoetryofMovement32

PoetryofMovement32 New Member

"You must be very talented because i don't know how the hell you balance like that"

"I purposely piss you off...its good for you"

"Everything you did was technically correct...but something was disturbing about it..it was just...scary"
  3. BlueBambue

BlueBambue New Member

"Your shoulders look like they are trying to eat your head...and you are trying to eat your partner"

I have issues with posture :razz:
  4. Kassia

Kassia New Member

I don't know if it's funny to the rest of you but one of my teachers told me one of my strengths is the ability to isolate parts of my body.
    I've been taking belly dance for the last 7 years and thats really all we do, is isolate!
  5. Ps30:11

Ps30:11 New Member

A coach was explaining the jive to one of my students... He's French so read with accent..

" Jive... no no! Thighs together like, like you have to pee pee!"
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Sacre bleu!
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

love getting anyone French to say rotate...or to say my name ....rotate=rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrotate...and in my name, lol, the s becomes a Z and sounds tres suxxy
  8. Praesul

Praesul New Member

During a Quickstep lesson, my teacher asked use to show her our routine. After we did she said, "There was no rise and fall, maybe if a squint my eyes and stand far away, then it looked like you were going up and down." :|
  9. fascination

well...it wasn't funny but today she said wonderful wonderful things that make me very very happy...and she is our regular so I think I can fairly say that that is not the norm...swoon ...happy place
  10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I thought you took lessons from your pro fasc? Do you take lessons together also from a coach?
  11. fascination

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Having glimpses...
  13. operabob

operabob New Member

From Pat Bovaird after my wife and I danced around the room to warm up for a lesson (read with heavy Scottish accent):

(Audible Chuckle followed by): Rrrrahmind me again. Now just what dance is it weee're doin' today?

But my favourite was our Russian coach newly moved to Canada. (Unnamed to protect the guilty).He works incredibly hard and is devoted to his students learning English words specifically for us like "nape". We all knew what it meant but eventually told him no one in Canada uses that word. He was so disappointed.

Anyway for about 6 months he used a particular phrase over and over in our group of friends. No one was brave enough to talk to him about it. Eventually my wife and I took him aside and suggested he might want to try a different phrase.

(In heavy Russian accent)

Vie, Vat does mean?

He turned beet red when my wife and I told him what it meant.

What he was trying to describe was the leftward action of the body as you allow gravity to take you down.

The phrase that he'd used constantly for 6 months?

Scr#w your couple!

Too funny.

OB
  14. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

A couple of days ago, I was asked to put my hand on the butt of a retired competitor and esteemed judge. Out of respect, I placed the hand quite high. When I tried to do what she was showing me it wasn't working. It was only after I placed the hand far lower that I could truly understand what was happening with the butt, and I was able to execute the standard pattern much better. She had quite a stong butt, and she told me her coaches used to ask what other jobs she had outside of dancing. :)
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

very cute. :)

reminds me of another russian instructor my instructor knows who for quite sometime was unaware of how he was upsetting this students by repeatedly saying, "you can't! no...you can't!"

turns out, he was pronouncing his "a" like a "u". :rolleyes:

poor guy. oh to have been a fly on the wall when he found out...
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

"no, not like a garden dwarf..."
  17. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

ROTFL!
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:tongue:

it still busts me up... heh
  19. fire_dancer

fire_dancer New Member

My old instructor and I were taking a pro/am coaching from Nathan Daniels, and the lesson of the day was on Tango.

My instructor and I kept having trouble getting our contact just right through the hips and pelvis, so Nathan strode over and grabbed my hips, shoved us together and bellowed "like this! Act like horny teenagers! Horny!"

My instructor couldn't look me in the eye for a week.... :D
  20. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

ok so I tried searching for dwarf to find where this comes from in the thread but cannot.. enlighten me.. I feel I am missing out :)