Getting to know you... Part 2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

What, if anything, is "quirky" about you, that if you didn't reveal it here and now, in this thread, no one would ever, ever know/guess about you :lol:

- I find it "uncomfortable" to write with a pen that does not have it's lid on, at the other end :oops: the pen feels very light and unbalanced in my hand otherwise. It also has a practical side - I do not lose the pen covers as much as other people do :lol:

- I often put down my mobile/cell phone and find that in order to find it again, I have to call myself on the landline, to hear it ring, and then try and chase it! :lol: The difficulty then arises when I have it set to beep just once so I might find that I have to "call myself" 2 or 3 times, until I have pinpointed where the beep is coming from :mrgreen:

- have difficulty using chopsticks :oops:

- I love, make that adore :!: eating icecream with a fork :oops: I know, when it melts, it slips through the prongs of the fork but, I really enjoy it :oops: :lol:

- I can't whistle :( :lol:

That's all for now :lol:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the early days with my SO (back when we actually used to talk and listen to each other :? ). At least once every day or two, I'd ask him,"tell me something about you that I don't know." It was a wonderful way of getting to know him. Wow. :?

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Now, you know so much about him, he is like a comfortable shoe :?

4. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

1. I always eat salad with dressing on the side (and always Ranch) dipping my fork into my dressing and then into the salad (which contains NO onion, black olives, croutons, peppers or tomatoes).

2. While eating, my fork is in my left hand with tongs facing down (opposite of most--most people eat tongs facing up).

3. I do not eat any red meat or seafood. Just chicken and occasionally I'll have a piece of bacon.

OK, those are all of my eating quirks for now...the rest of my quirks would take up the entire page. :)

April

5. pygmalion

Either that, or a stinky old shoe. LOL.

6. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Oh my...aren't stinky old shoes suppose to be thrown away? ;)

7. pygmalion

*irrepressible giggle* No comment. :lol: :lol:

8. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

Quirky things about me....hmm..

ok

I always sit with my left leg tucked under me...even in public :oops:

My towels must be folded widthways twice and lengthways 3 times...there is hell to pay if I find square shaped towels in the cupboard!

The roll of toilet paper has to roll outwards.

I smell everything before I eat it.

I read magazines from the back page in.

I wont drink water unless its bottled when I am interstate.

I think thats enough weirdness for today!

9. pygmalion

I'm similar. Widthways only once, lenghtways three times. My towels also make nice, comfy rectangles. 8)

10. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

That's the correct way to eat--I was taught that by some English friends who were more refined than me.

11. Genesius Redux

I roll my underwear like a scroll when I put it away.

12. johnnywalker

johnnywalker New Member

This is something I used to do but have forcibly stopped myself from doing -

I have a large book collection and I used to place the books on the shelves in height descending order, from left to right in their respective categories.

I now quite enjoy having a slightly disorderly look to the bookshelves.

13. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

I do that! I cant help it, when they are all haphazard it drives me crazy.

But then again....my entire DVD collection (stands at about 120) is alphabetically in order, except for the shelf of movies that have sequels...

14. etchuck

etchuck New Member

And how long (in terms of days/weeks) would this exercise last?

I know for me, I'd probably keep people up at night if asked that question. I did that with one past ex.

15. pygmalion

What's wrong with keeping an SO up at night? :wink: :lol: :lol:

16. etchuck

etchuck New Member

It depends on what you do... ;) ;) ;) anyway...

17. johnnywalker

johnnywalker New Member

He He...my CD collection is in alphabetical order. I also hate it when people don't return the CD to it's correct case. In fact, like in some music stores, the CD i'm playing will usually have the case standing on the entertainment centre beside the CD player as though it was being advertised. I even thought of buying a stand similar to the ones for collectible plates where I could place the CD. Now is that sad or what?!!!

18. Genesius Redux

My CDs are arranged by genre--and I even distinguish between periods of classical, classical and early music, etc. So my baroque music is separate from my romantic music. Also they're alphabetized, within those categories.

I also have vinyl--and they're arranged in the same way.

My bookshelf at work has a similar organization. It's generally arranged according to academic disciplines--psychology, literature, history, archaeology, anthropology, philosophy, etc. But I run into problems with that too. Do Freud and Jung belong with psychology, philosophy, or literary modernism? Do works of criticism belong mixed in with works of literature from the same period, or do they need a separate space?

All the books are pulled out so that their spines are flush with each other. They're arranged so there's a little space in front of them so I can put other stuff.

Every semester, the office gets ritually cleaned and purged this way. But 16 weeks later, there's usually junk over the floor, so you have to step around books and papers to even move. Piles everywhere. But I also know where everything is.

:twisted: :?

19. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

That's the state my studio/en suite is in........does it reflect my state of mind, too :? :oops: :lol: ?

20. johnnywalker

johnnywalker New Member

I'd forgotten about having them flush with the the edge of the bookshelf. Yes, i'm the same with that too. It looks neater is what I tell friends. As for genre, I try to have all similar genres grouped but have also found this to be difficult with books that cross genres. It's enough to drive you insane trying to work it out. I think i'll just adopt the Dewey system.